This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Yep pretty pointless supporting it natively and putting extra testing when up/downscaling will do the same job with no work. Thats from someone with a 1440p monitor.
    I also have a 1440p monitor.

Microsoft seem to have turned 1440p into a thing and I'm not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      I also have a 1440p monitor.

Microsoft seem to have turned 1440p into a thing and I'm not sure why.
      1440p @ 60 is the sweet spot this gen.

Comment

I thought 1440p was a weird thing to shout about.

Using the tired grandma Christmas present trope, she’ll think it won’t work on little Jimmy’s 1080p TV and decide to buy a PS5

Comment

It's not that common a standard but it's still an omission nonetheless. Though as you say I wonder how good it looks hooking it up to a 1440p monitor and having it upscale 1080p instead of rendering it natively.

Comment

Arse technica, amirite?

Comment

Amazon orders should be updated with "Arriving by...". Haven't ordered a console from them but my accessories are all marked as the 12th

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                Amazon orders should be updated with "Arriving by...". Haven't ordered a console from them but my accessories are all marked as the 12th
                My order has said arriving 19th November since I ordered it.

Comment

Finally had some movement on my Game PS5 pre-order. Just had an email basically saying they are preparing to take payment, im guessing will be some time next week. Just hope Smyths start making some noise as im getting concerned as i have heard diddly squat from them.

Comment

Yeah, me too- not a word from Smyths.

Comment

I was getting worried about my Game pre-order because due to the Game website having major issues on the pre-order night i couldnt log into my account as it kept crashing so i had to check out as a guest. I have an order number but i have had no other way of keeping an eye on the status of it, so have a little peace of mind the order exists.

I dont know what to expect from Smyths as i have never pre-ordered anything with them before. Should see some movement next week.

Comment

Got one or two toys on preorder along with the PS5 at Smyths and radio silence seems to be the default way. Didn't even get a notification one toy had delayed a month

Comment

Game updated me today, payment being taken in 2-3 days and delivery launch day (as I selected that option)

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            Yeah, me too- not a word from Smyths.
                            Smyth's told me that all I'll receive is a confirmation email for pick-up once they've processed the order

Comment

The reason people wanted it is because there are plenty of people with TVs and monitors that do 1440p 120hz

It now means they have to downscale it to 1080p to play on a 1440p tv/monitor

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                The reason people wanted it is because there are plenty of people with TVs and monitors that do 1440p 120hz

It now means they have to downscale it to 1080p to play on a 1440p tv/monitor
                                Ah, now that makes sense. Particularly as at 120fps I reckon most people wouldn’t even be able to detect the difference between 2k and 4K

Comment

Working...
                                X