This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    I've ordered from Microsoft direct for the Series X and Argos for the Series S.

Both orders are fine but I've heard nothing from either since placing them. I've sold my One X so I am now twiddling thumbs as I'm also planning to sell my Switch as well and save up for a new TV. I'm literally counting the days now...
    Why are you getting both?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Will be awesome having all of 3 games installed on the ps5 hard drive that take advantage of these speeds as well ��
      Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
        Why are you getting both?
        One for the lounge and one upstairs in the study for when I'm "working" from home...

Comment

One for the lounge and one upstairs in the study for when I'm "working" from home...
          Why get S tho? Isn't the X you have now better?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
            Why get S tho? Isn't the X you have now better?
            The series S is a big improvement on the 1X in many respects. But if you have an X may as well get the new one.

Comment

And here's me; struggling like f**k, blasting out 12-15 hours billable each day in order to cover bills. I'll be lucky if I can ever afford a new machine the way things are going.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                The series S is a big improvement on the 1X in many respects. But if you have an X may as well get the new one.
                Exactly this... The Series S is a step up from the One X and as I'm planning on setting it up in the study it's going to be matched with a 1440p freesync monitor, so suits the location.

As for cost... I'd already snagged the Series X for about £180 cheaper as I'd saved up rewards and discounts... I've sold my One X to pay for the Series X.

I'm not super minted, but I've saved for months for this.

Comment

A German leak has shown that the PS5 has 712gb free space.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    A German leak has shown that the PS5 has 712gb free space.
                    I thought it was 612gb? Either way it's not much, especially if your into COD.

With the Series S only having approx 410gb I'll be making use of network copying from one console to the other... Probably only going to get 3-4 games in they're max, not including backwards compatible titles I'll store on an external HDD.

Comment

What are the options in terms of SSD expansions? The Series X has the 1TB superfast SSD expansion card that is simple plug and play. Will the PS5 have anything similar or is it just going to be the case of having to install a standard SSD/HDD?

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                        What are the options in terms of SSD expansions? The Series X has the 1TB superfast SSD expansion card that is simple plug and play. Will the PS5 have anything similar or is it just going to be the case of having to install a standard SSD/HDD?
                        PS5 expansion options

Comment

Sony haven’t announced any third party NVMe SSDs that meet the required specifications for the PS5 yet so be wary. An external SSD plugged in via USB should be fine for PS4 games though.

Comment

Western Digital have released one they say is PS5 compatible. Sony haven't given it the thumbs up yet but it shows they are on the way. £250 though.

Comment

Western Digital have released one they say is PS5 compatible. Sony haven't given it the thumbs up yet but it shows they are on the way. £250 though.
                              Reviews of that SSD still showed issues with throttling as it heats up which will slow it down as is typical with many SSDs. Sony’s SSD has been designed to deliver its rated throughput at all times so any third party SSD will need to keep its speed equally high.

Comment

Yeah as CMcK points out some of these new drives have issues and as you've said... Until Sony gives us a whitelist you're basically taking a risk.

I think digital foundry also mentioned there isn't a tonne of physical space in that expansion slot so we might actually see sizing issues as some of these have large heat sinks.

I wouldn't be buying anything not white listed basically.

Comment

Working...
                                X