This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    PSVR does work but you'll need the camera adapter cable that you can order for free. No word on how you get one yet.
    Any word whether you can use the shiny new camera?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Any word whether you can use the shiny new camera?
      Not sure. I think they said it doesn't.

Comment

Let's be fair, if you didn't have a PS4 then those PS Plus games are AMAZING. I've smashed nearly all of them through to platinum myself (including God of War, Days Gone and Bloodborne) but that would keep anyone busy for years.

I think I might be a Sony Fanboy now.

Comment

I'm guessing the retailers who have sold out have done so for their initial allocations.

Cue drip feeding of more consoles as the weeks go on.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
            Let's be fair, if you didn't have a PS4 then those PS Plus games are AMAZING. I've smashed nearly all of them through to platinum myself (including God of War, Days Gone and Bloodborne) but that would keep anyone busy for years.

I think I might be a Sony Fanboy now.
            I do have a PS4 and haven't played any except FF15 and last of us. I'll be all over them.

Comment

I cant wrap my head around £70 being the new normal for a game release. It just seems too much for me.

Comment

I remember Turik costing £70 back in the day. Not too worried, it's always the same in year one and it never lasts. Competition amongst publishers and retailers will drive things back down to normal in time.

Got an order in via Amazon as well. Now to assess the situation. Already that email from Shopto makes me think that one should be cut loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  I remember Turik costing £70 back in the day.
                  Turik was terrible! Total ripoff of that N64 game with the dinosaurs.

But yeah, your point stands. It's odd how games were really cheap, then really expensive, then slowly went down and now are totally all over the place with some games available on Steam for pennies and other games as expensive as a half-decent Switch game. £70 seems crazy and yet people will still complain if an indie game is £15. Feels like we need some sort of pricing reset.

Comment

Games have been around the £40 mark since the 16-bit days ... I'm amazed how close they've stuck to that over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Games have been around the £40 mark since the 16-bit days ... I'm amazed how close they've stuck to that over the years.
                      They've creamed it through vastly increased audiences and sales and - more recently - the DLC and microtransaction gravy train.

Anyhoo, the Harry Potter game looks a grin. Cool it's on PS4 too.

Comment

If, magically, somehow, Ratchet & Clank turns out to be coming to PS4 as well I'll cancel my pre-order for the PS5.

They had so much goodwill going into this but it's slowly been soured by press releases and tweets after the event ended.

"We believe in generations" - why are games coming to PS4 too then?

"We won't just start pre-orders. We'll give you notice as to when they will start" - That didn't happen. Select retailers started taking pre-orders and that was discovered after a tweet from Geoff Keighley.

All the exclusivity shenanigans. Is Demon's Souls PS5 exclusive? Isn't it? What about FFXVI? Get on the level, Sony.

Comment

Doesn’t it do this ever new generation? The games rrp will slowly fall once the install base goes up again.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-09-2020, 09:53.

Comment

I try to be more open to paying a bit more for smaller/indie releases, just because every little helps. The AAA stuff rinses customers with MTX, DLC, Season Passes and the like, so I find myself less willing to jump in day one.

Hopefully prices do drop as the generation progresses, because I really don't see myself forking out that kind of money for any game outside some hyper niche Atlus/NISA release.

Comment

£70 is really high. The thing is, I get where publishers are coming from. Games have been at the same price for donkey's years, and have not risen in line with inflation.

There's quite a few subtleties to judging whether or not an increase is fair - while inflation and the cost of development has gone up significantly, so have the opportunities to monetise a game for longer via MTX, DLC, significantly increased shelf-life for new copies via digital stores, and earnings via placement on PS+ and Game Pass.

But ignoring all of those subtleties, I think there is a simple question of 'What price will the market bear?'.

For me, I don't think it will bear £70. At least once we get beyond launch excitement. Most people, I think, will find that far too steep. And for that reason I think the price of new games will fall again back to a £50 to £55 level, which is about the maximum I think they can get away with.

Comment

I remember Megadrive games being £39.99 and that was what , 30 years ago now ? Sure £70 is a lot of money for a game but I’m sure it’s today’s equivalent of 40 quid , we’ve just got used to paying 40/50 quid

Comment

Working...
                                X