This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junko View Post
    I remember Megadrive games being £39.99 and that was what , 30 years ago now ? Sure £70 is a lot of money for a game but I’m sure it’s today’s equivalent of 40 quid , we’ve just got used to paying 40/50 quid
    I for one don't intend to get used to paying £70 for a game.

Comment

I dunno. Inflation makes a usual sense but then DVD's, Blu-Rays, CD's, cinema tickets, Books etc all costs about the same as donkeys years ago too. The problem is much more likely gamings business model

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Me neither ..... to be honest I won’t even pay for DLC

Comment

The AAA industry has been charging more than £50 for their games for ages now anyway - it's way more than that once you start adding up the costs of the bits they've held back and the microtransactions they've added in.

The AAA industry is not hurting for profits, it's just another example of them wanting all the money.
          Last edited by MartyG; 17-09-2020, 11:02.

Comment

And the more discless consoles get sold, the slower the fall in game rrps will be

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Yeah £70 is silly.

Comment

I'm okay with that price for something like The Division 2 + season pass (pretty sure I paid 70/80 quid for that) as it's an absolute ton of gaming and worth every penny. Hard sum to justify for most std releases though.

Comment

But that's the catch isn't it? If you charge more, I'm going to buy less quantity and be far far more selective about the things I spend that money on - by making your product more expensive, you're actually reducing the chance of me buying.

Mostly to zero for £70 games.

Comment

£70 is too high... Simple as that.

I fully appreciate the costs associated with development but seriously that's sticker shock... And a no from me.

Comment

I remember NBA Jam for the SNES being £59.99 in Game years ago, and the Turtles fighter game too, iirc.

Comment

I think I was saying it kind of works as it is ... vanilla or deluxe works for some releases. £70 as an entry level std price is deffo too high.

Comment

A lot of us will have stories of how much we paid for an import SNES copy of Super Street Fighter 2.

Comment

I think my most expensive RRP games were all carts , Virtua Racing on the megadrive and Turok on N64 both stung with £70 price tags

Comment

Import prices were always different, but I distinctly remember some PAL games being around the 60 quid mark in the SNES days.

Just checked on some calculator and it reckons £60 in 1994 is worth £120 today! So it's pretty remarkable that games have remained around the same sort of price for the best part of 30 years.

Comment

I've paid over £1k for AES carts, yet my brain still tells me £70 for a PS5 game can GTF.

Comment

Working...
                                X