Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a game. But unfortunately at the start of a gen you have little choice.
    I haven't ordered a game for the PS5 yet for the reason said above... I need to make damn sure it's worth £70

Comment

Nevermind the price and preordering, the real question is will everyone have enough space for the strangely shaped and large PS5 in the living room? Plus horizontal or vertical! The dilemma that was created by the PS2 20 years ago!

Comment

People looking for games, TheGameCollection.net have a few quid off of some of them.

Demon's Souls & Destruction AllStars are £64.99, CoD is £59.99 and Sackboy is £57.99.

Comment

Demon's looks like it could be worth £70, if you missed it on the PS3 at least (like I obviously did).

Destruction AllStars for £65? It looks like it should be F2P, or straight to Game Pass.

Comment

I spent the day thinking about those game prices. I’ll definitely not be seeing it through with my preorder. I’ll keep it in place though in case it helps someone here get a system near the time if struggling to get one.

Comment

My bro-in-law wants a digital system so I guess I'm having the physical media one.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                Any sites still preordering?
                It was only a matter of time, laddie!!

Comment

Hmm, TGC have charged me for my game pre-orders despite it stating categorically on the website that they won't until a couple of days before launch.

Comment

Just been reading that Amazon.com have emailed lots of people stating they may not receive the console on launch day... Hopefully the UK going a week later is a blessing and helps get stock lined up for day one delivery.

Comment

I'm increasingly tempted to cancel my preorders outside of Smyths, I dunno, things just come across as being more straight forward with them.
                      Demon's Souls is probably the most noteable new game but I'm increasingly also thinking that ultimately it's just the same old DS with the same things I dislike about Souls so £70 is a steep novelty to pay. I'm kind of leaning toward Miles Morales and Black Ops, less on the latter because of OMG next-gen and more simply that it will get a lot of play hours. Continuing with PS4 backlog will do for now beyond that.

Comment

For all of us that were concerned about storage on the new systems, our concerns were very well founded.

66gig min instal for Demons Souls
                        105 for spider man & miles morales
                        50+ for miles morales.

These sizes are absolute piss takes.

Comment

Still room for 8-12 games on the internal storage even with those sizes. External storage will be a must this coming generation though.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            For all of us that were concerned about storage on the new systems, our concerns were very well founded.

66gig min instal for Demons Souls
                            105 for spider man & miles morales
                            50+ for miles morales.

These sizes are absolute piss takes.
                            About the same as current gen to be honest...

Comment

One of the points of these ssd’s was LESS hd space taken up.

Comment

Was it? I know that some current games padded things out on the disc and had duplicate versions of files to take advantage of loading from certain parts of the disc, but I'd still expected 4K assets to take up more space.

Comment

Working...
                                X