Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    So far we’ve got

I hate it

To

I love that big mama.
    Oh baby got back.

Comment

I hope they do a teardown.

I want to know what cooling monster is in that case.

Comment

By the size of the console a literal snow monster from the Himalayas.

Comment

I'll tolerate it if it's quiet (assuming the design is based around function).

Comment

My biggest concerns are noise output and how easy it is to clean dusty vents. Would be nice if they have some removable / cleanable dust filters in the vents, as you find on most high-end PCs these days.

Comment

I'm expecting this sucker to be whisper quiet. Sony seemed to make a big deal about fan noise.

Comment

I think it shows just how powerful the PS brand is now that Sony can release something to godawful looking and it’ll still be the biggest selling system of the generation. Microsoft’s latest effort is equally **** to be fair, but that’ll match their market position.

Comment

I think the last truly good-looking console was probably the PSone. I also didn't mind the Xbox 360 E, because it was quite innocuous-looking and could be mistaken for a satellite receiver.

If they can't be neat compact packages due to the complexity of modern hardware innards, I wish they'd at least look neat and tidy and fit inside a normal TV cabinet. The kids might like them with wonky angles and contrasting colours, I just find them a bit embarrassing-looking.

That said, the one good thing about systems of the last 15 years-ish is that with wireless controllers I can just stick them high up on a shelf where I don't have to look at the ugly heaps.

Comment

To be fair, I don't think Sony has made a single truly good looking first edition system. The PS1 wasn't the best looker, the PS2 was ridiculed, the PS3 is the infamous bread bin and the PS4 was just dull. I'm mostly grateful one of the companies has finally at least discovered attempting to have some flair and identity

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      To be fair, I don't think Sony has made a single truly good looking first edition system. The PS1 wasn't the best looker, the PS2 was ridiculed, the PS3 is the infamous bread bin and the PS4 was just dull. I'm mostly grateful one of the companies has finally at least discovered attempting to have some flair and identity
                      Flares and identity...

Comment

That's right, you don't forget this guy

Comment

I honestly think the PS5 is easily Sony's ugliest console yet and probably the ugliest I've seen in recent generations.

It's of a style and size that doesn't fit in any entertainment space, which is to say it has no style.

Really hope those plastic fins are fully recyclable because if a newer slim model comes out these need to be traded in and forgotten.

Side note I think the nicest home console Sony ever made was the wee PsOne. That thing was minitiaurised cuteness.

Comment

Have any consoles been attractive? With exception of the Wii of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Have any consoles been attractive? With exception of the Wii of course.
                              PC-Engine is a work of art.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                PC-Engine is a work of art.
                                Yep one of the first consoles I fell in love with on looks alone... The epitome of a mini-beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X