Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a fan. It's another box with a slot in it.

Comment

Get an okay looking consoles with okay games or get an ugly consoles with very decent games?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Get an okay looking consoles with okay games or get an ugly consoles with very decent games?
        This is bd ... you buy both

Comment

Just get the machine with the games you want play... Same as always.

Comment

I was trololing. Sorry. PS5 sways it for me with my firends committing to the platform. Playing my backlog on it. Certain games not coming to Xbox. I hope to get Xbox Series S next year at some point. Would be nice tear into GamePass. But alas, I can only afford one console this launch. Got a buy 2 PS4s for the kids for Xmas.

Comment

Same for me really but the opposite way, so going Series X first with a Series S for the study.

I want Sony to tell us more about backward compatibility before I pull the trigger on PS5 as I skipped the PS4 entirely. I've bought a few of the major AAA titles in preparation but I want to know a bit more about whether BC enhancements are there like they are on Xbox.

The funny thing is with the cheaper entry digital machines, if you've been 100% on one platform last gen there's a lot of value in backward compatibility now as a second platform option.

Comment

Sony have said 99% of PS4 games work. Whether they get any sort of performance boost remains to be seen.

My guess is they won't. MS have totally got BC sewn up proper good. I suppose they have to seeing as they've got no new games coming out...

Comment

Did people really think anything outside of PS4 games would be supported on ps5?

Comment

I kinda guessed they wouldn't do anything other than PS4 support, but I don't get why. You can play PSOne classics on the PSP, I'm pretty sure the PS5 can do it lol.

Comment

More of a vain hope I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Sony have said 99% of PS4 games work. Whether they get any sort of performance boost remains to be seen.

My guess is they won't. MS have totally got BC sewn up proper good. I suppose they have to seeing as they've got no new games coming out...
                        Well yes they're well ahead in terms of supporting their backlog... For me that's massively important because I've easily got 300+ titles now and a backlog of shame I probably shouldn't talk about. If any major titles get an injection of performance then great, especially if it's frame rate.

I really hope Sony do something similar, even for the top 100 PS4 games. I'd love to see God of War play native 4K60 etc... Which is why I want to know exactly what BC means on PS5.

They've had loads of time to talk about it and we've heard zip other than PS1-3 isn't supported (which I don't care too much about as I've owned all of them) and that 99% of PS4 will work, but they've not elaborated further.

If they've just made it play in original form I may just get a PS4 Pro cheap and wait it out till the PS5 is established with more on offer.

Comment

I think over the next couple of weeks we will be drip fed little bits from Sony, to keep PS5 talked about. They haven't even shown off the UI yet.

Comment

I posted on the PSVR thread that both ps4 and psvr games will get frame rate boosts on selected titles.

Everything you need to know about the PlayStation®5 console and PlayStation®5 Digital Edition with a new slim PS5 design. The best PS5 games, PS5 accessories, and the DualSense wireless controller.

Comment

Maybe Sony QA are going through every title to see which need patching and whatnot? Maybe they just can't guarantee every PS4 game work yet.

Comment

Maybe Sony QA are going through every title to see which need patching and whatnot? Maybe they just can't guarantee every PS4 game work yet.
                                This'll be part of it; it's more important this time around because Sony/the publishers still sell those games; so they can't really put them on BC unless (1) the hardware guarantees it'll work perfectly, which we know isn't true or (2) they've tested them.

And when we say "tested"; so many games on a default emulator will "work", insofar as they'll be fine until 130 hours in, when the reflections on the ice level crash the console.

For PS1 BC it wasn't a big deal for Sony when Namco Museum didn't work, because that game was no longer for sale.
                                Last edited by Asura; 20-09-2020, 14:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X