Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think, horizontally, it looks brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      I think, horizontally, it looks brilliant!
      You know what... I think you're right.

Comment

I think from the photos the PS5 isn’t braw but it’s like that with cars sometimes too. Take the current Civic it looked awful at first but now think it looks pretty good.

Comment

Didn't think about it before, but yeah, it makes sense that the games would be fine getting to retailers for the proper release date, it's just the hardware that we're waiting for. As a kid, that week of having a "Demon's Souls" box to stare at and no system to play it on would've been absolute torture

We're in the process of ordering new media units and things for the front room, and I think we have one in mind that's able to hold and hide this beast of a system. I don't think I've ever given so much thought to this kind of thing before, and always just assumed that things would fit, but the internet has sufficiently spooked me about the size of this thing!

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          I actually think the Japanese Super Famicom is pretty ugly.
          Ban request

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Ban request
            Seconded.

I mean it's up there with Pissy Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

that makes it look really nice i think if they had gone with an all black system they might of had less complaints as its the color that's giving it that cooling device/router look

Comment

Those ultra-shiny black surfaces are another design error from the mid-2000s that beggars belief that they would do again. Of bigger concern are all the various vents around the device. Within 12 months the dust intake is going to be substantial, and even if it starts out quiet on launch day, it's going to get very noisy further down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                  Those ultra-shiny black surfaces are another design error from the mid-2000s that beggars belief that they would do again. Of bigger concern are all the various vents around the device. Within 12 months the dust intake is going to be substantial, and even if it starts out quiet on launch day, it's going to get very noisy further down the line.
                  Maybe if you have it horizontally, the white roof will shield the vents from dust

I have to say, my fave looking next-gen console so far is the Series S. I know it has that big black circular vent, but imagine for a moment one of those pixel art history of consoles timelines. You can see the Series S can't you? Yes, its vent is easily recognisable. It was needed. Otherwise you might have thought it was a Wii.
                  Last edited by hudson; 06-10-2020, 09:52.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

It looks like an ice cream sandwich horizontal. Like one of those oyster ice cream cones ...

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                      I don’t believe for a second that either next gen consoles are going to stay quiet for long. 6 months and they will both be whining away like the ps4 pro.

Comment

My One X has remained quiet so I’m hopeful for the new machines.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          I don’t believe for a second that either next gen consoles are going to stay quiet for long. 6 months and they will both be whining away like the ps4 pro.
                          I've never had any issues with my One S or One X. PS4 feels cheap and the workmanship is shoddy

Comment

Just saw screenshots of the Miles Morales special edition PS5... Well it looks better in black (surprise) but it's still pretty damn ugly!

Comment

That’s only a fan render Nonny, there are a few doing the rounds. There is only the one colour scheme announced (the one everyone seems to despise!).

I agree that the Miles Morales versions people have made look like abominations though.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                Just saw screenshots of the Miles Morales special edition PS5... Well it looks better in black (surprise) but it's still pretty damn ugly!
                                Reminds me of a PC in black with red.

Comment

Working...
                                X