Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that stood out was that everything is mounted to the board. It makes it actually very compact, so in the future if they can get the heat down or offer a different cooling solution, its easy to use the same board and redesign for a 'slim' model. It also reduces any latency from external components connected to the MB via ribbons, like a smart phone. This also means that when you add a SSD its in addition to the SSD mounted to the board, rather then replacing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      have Microsoft done a similar tear down? rumors are circulating that the thing kicks out so much heat that it could be used to heat a small flat
      Heat being kicked out is a good thing - the last thing you want is the heat staying inside of the machine - I haven't seen a teardown anywhere for it yet, but the cooling solution of the One X is very good.

Comment

There was a tear up from Digital Foundry went to Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
          Totally, PS5 is hideous because of its requirement of design internally, especially now you see what it’s packing inside.
          Would like to see a digital edition teardown as well, wonder if they will do one.
          Surely it's identical just without the drive? Especially seeing as the drive is in its own separate casing which is then screwed to the main unit?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Surely it's identical just without the drive? Especially seeing as the drive is in its own separate casing which is then screwed to the main unit?
            Yep. Makes it cheaper to produce. Just remove the drive and add a different case to the bottom. You could probably turn your own into a digital edition.

Comment

Holy crap that cooling fan! Its MASSIVE!

We demanded more cooling, we got more cooling.

Comment

What a ****ing beast! No way I'm standing that vertically lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  There was a tear up from Digital Foundry went to Microsoft.

just watched that hmm. this looks worrying like a shuttle PC where they have just jammed all the components together.

that PSU right on top of the main-board..... and in there words a surprisingly lightweight aluminum structure on top of the vapor chamber?

"its a brave move cotton lets see how this plays out"

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Oh yeah it’s totally the same , I was just curious.
                    The space is decreased though as it’s not like the SAD Xbox where it was just a hollow/taped over space where a drive was, PS5 shrunk the size of the case as well.
                    Last edited by Family Fry; 07-10-2020, 14:10.

Comment

Not a fan (lol) of Microsoft, but after the RRoD fiasco I'm certain they would have stress-tested that thing to oblivion and back.

Comment

I'm more then a little surprised MS are using the Xclamp from the 360 days to help cooling...the 360 didn't have any cooling issues at all did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          I'm more then a little surprised MS are using the Xclamp from the 360 days to help cooling...the 360 didn't have any cooling issues at all did it.
                          No they red ringed long before they got a chance to heat up.

Comment

Here is a good video explaining the liquid metal cooling.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I seem to remember the Japanese Dreamcast having liquid cooling

Comment

Nah, it didn’t. That was an early rumour though.

Comment

Working...
                                X