Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a fan of COD but it's definitely a looker. I like the setting too. Shame the single player is always just a tutorial for the multiplayer.

Comment

Just seen online that if you buy the physical PS4 game you can upgrade to the PS5 version by putting the disc in the PS5.

On Xbox Series X, you can't. Despite Smart Delivery being "duh best ting eva" it would appear Activision don't agree.

I'm getting a headache it's a bit much

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Just seen online that if you buy the physical PS4 game you can upgrade to the PS5 version by putting the disc in the PS5.

On Xbox Series X, you can't. Despite Smart Delivery being "duh best ting eva" it would appear Activision don't agree.

I'm getting a headache it's a bit much
        But but smart delivery, just amazing. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😁🤣🤣🤣😁😁🤣🤣😁

Comment

In all cases, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War features cross-play, cross-progression and cross-gen features. Additionally, the PS4 version is playable on PS5, and Xbox One version playable on Xbox Series X via backward compatibility. However, this will mean you do not receive next-gen features like higher frame rate modes and ray tracing.

As you can see, it’s all a bit of a mess. Xbox One can upgrade digitally, but not physically, PS4 can be upgraded in both cases, but then the PS5 physical version doesn’t include the PS4 version. There’s also a question mark over the cost of upgrading, where we only have the USD price, compared to the base cost of the Digital Cross-Gen Edition, which has a $10 or £5 difference in price.

This should really be a bit more straightforward, but it seems like Microsoft’s attempts to simplify things via Smart Delivery weren’t to Activision’s taste, and they may have come to some kind of agreement on the ability to upgrade between editions on the digital store.

--------------

- This sounds like Activision didn't like the way Smart Delivery has been setup and decided to circumvent it making it messy?

It also sounds messy on both systems if you ask me. Both will play fine off the disc on the new consoles via backward compatibility... So that's not an issue, but upgrading is.

"Xbox One can upgrade digitally, but not physically, PS4 can be upgraded in both cases, but then the PS5 physical version doesn’t include the PS4 version"

My brain hurts just reading that...

Comment

It makes sense that the PS5 version doesn't work on the ps4, it's the PS5 version.
            Either way you are better off buying the ps4 physical version.

Comment

I will say, this looks like a decent sequel to Black Ops which is actually my favourite COD campaign.

That's great, but for me COD has been really crap for years. Even Modern Warfare didn't grab me and that was the best it's been in a long time...

Comment

Apologies if this has been posted already.. but this looks amazing.

Comment

Yep, PS4 version seems to make the most sense atm. Activision have already confirmed the next-gen versions are getting price inflated to $69.99 for the standard editions so worst case you can play on both gen machines, best case you get a free upgrade and save some money.

Comment

US PSN users are beginning to receive pre-order registration emails for PS5 from Sony indicating we're finally getting there

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      US PSN users are beginning to receive pre-order registration emails for PS5 from Sony indicating we're finally getting there
                      Need to register though.

Its go time.

Comment

Interesting that it's invite only. Makes me wonder if there's a big restriction on units for launch day.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a restriction - the amount of plastic needed to all those funny design flourishes must be colossal. To me the console looks like it's been invited to a party by other consoles who have tricked it by saying the party is fancy dress. So poor PS5 bursts in dressed as Emperor Ming and finds all the other consoles are in normal dress. Hilarity ensues, then PS5 cops off with the hottest chick console at the party and decides to keep the outfit on. Yeah, that's how it all happened I reckon.
                          Last edited by Golgo; 27-08-2020, 08:18.

Comment

It seems like yesterday when the man previously known as Superman Falls was trading all his stuff in to Game for day 1 Xbox One and PS4!

Comment

I'll be honest I think the look of the console has kind of grown on me. It might change when I see the behemoth next to my TV.

Comment

I think it looks awful in white but the black mock ups make it a bit more palatable..

Comment

Working...
                                X