Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double post ftw

Comment

I've only ever had the one DS - a Black DS Lite that I received for Xmas 2006 (with NSMB) that I still have today and is still in working condition. I did want to get the Cobalt Blue/Black DS Lite but never got around to it.

By comparison, I've had six 3DS systems! A launch day original 3DS, a black original 3DS XL, another OG 3DS (won at an IGN UK Pub Quiz Night!), a AUS/NZ launch New 3DS (purchased from Play-Asia), an Ambassador Edition New 3DS and my current New 3DS XL.

Comment

I think I only bought one DS, a DS Lite. I wasn't into collecting at the time they originally released, and was only on retro stuff when they were ending their lifecycle.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I recently went to a retro videogame show and saw a DS running a Mega Drive emulator, so I dug ours out and put the emulator on and it's have a new lease of life because it's still such a lovely size and is so ergonomic.

As far as I'm concerned, the best emulator on the DS is Neo-DS.

An excellent Neo-Geo emulator just for the technical achievement of getting the DS to be able to run converted MAME ROMs in the first place. It could even play the GIGA POWER games!

Comment

Just DS, I think maybe four? UK launch, black DS Lite, Taiho-kun DSi, brown DSi XL.

3DS is where things got out of hand for me

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              double post ftw
              New topic: How many times did you post in the how many DSs did you buy topic?

I bough an original, a lite and an i

5 psps. Original, 2000, 3000 and two Gos

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

3DS is where things got out of hand for me
                Bloody hell. You owned more than six 3DS machines???

Comment

Blame region locking!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    As far as I'm concerned, the best emulator on the DS is Neo-DS.

An excellent Neo-Geo emulator just for the technical achievement of getting the DS to be able to run converted MAME ROMs in the first place. It could even play the GIGA POWER games!
                    Right! I'm checking that out!

Comment

I’ve got 5 here and I think there were 4 more , 3 I sold and the first DS lite the hinge broke

Comment

I think for me it went DS on launch, DS Lite Zelda edition, 3DS on launch then 3DS XL Yoshi Edition and that was it.
                        I actually preferred the Vita around that time so ended up playing that more.

Comment

Bought the original DS on launch then a lite and a ds xl later second hand. Not sure why as I didn't use them much.

Comment

I remember a kid I worked with got an import DS and brought it in. It blew me away. It was touch screen gaming a solid 2 years before the Iphone came out! I don't think Nintendo gets the credit it deserves for bringing touchscreen to the masses.

Comment

For some reason I bought three as I recall. I had the standard silver/black colourway UK VIP launch one, where you had to spend 1000 VIP stars to unlock the ability to buy it, and you then got it a couple of weeks ahead of the actual UK release.

That was pretty cool - it came with a copy of SM64DS where, weirdly, the box was a UK one, but the cart inside was ESRB rated. I guess they didn't have the UK carts ready because it was before the main launch.

It also came with a t-shirt. It was voluminous, tent-like, and bore the legend 'NINTENDO VIP'. Yes, I still have it. No, I don't know why.

It also came with the standard demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters - 'First Hunt'. BUT it also came with a demo cart of WarioWare Touched, which I don't think was made available by any other method. Possibly this was something that had already been produced for demonstration pods in shops, and they just included it in the VIP bundle for S&G.

Then after that I bought a white version of the OG DS, and sold the silver/black one to someone on here. Not sure why. It was quite nice though.

Then finally, I bought a DS Lite when visiting Japan in 2008. In Softbank in Akiba. And it took ages to get the forms filled out so I could get the sales tax back, which I did, even though it was only about £4.

No idea what happened to the white OG, must've sold it on here I reckon, but I've still got the Lite in great nick. Nice machine. Kind of insane how much it improved on the original really.
                              Last edited by wakka; 16-09-2020, 11:28.

Comment

Four I think. A Silver original, a white Lite, a blue Lite and a dark blue XL if I'm right in thinking.

3DS though, definitely higher given it's the better machine... top of my head... 11?

Comment

Working...
                                X