Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    11?
    Why would you possibly have 11 3DS units?! You could only play two at a time max.

I just had two 3DSs (original and then upgraded to the XL) although we had two 2DSs in the house too.

Comment

Original DS, DS Lite, DSi XL.
      3DS, on the other hand...original model (JPN and US), 3DS XL (JPN and US), SFC 3DS XL, 2DS (EU), then at least three modded models with USB out between Japanese/American and standard/XL.

Comment

A lot of it has been getting bored with Nintendo's sluggish release schedules and trading it in for something more interesting only to get one back down the line. If I haven't forgotten one:

01 - Original Turquoise 3DS
        02 - Original Red 3DS
        03 - Original Monster Hunter 3G Japanese 3DS
        04 - Red 3DS XL
        05 - Blue 3DS XL
        06 - Red Pokemon 3DS XL
        07 - Red Smash Brothers 3DS XL
        08 - Gold Zelda 3DS XL
        09 - Gold Zelda New 3DS XL
        10 - White 2DS
        11 - Samus New 3DS XL

Yep, 11 Worst thing is I'm not sure it's the most of a single system I've owned either.

Comment

Just the one. DS Lite. That lovely white one. Late 2006. Still works but the touch screen's a bit faded in bits. I only use it for GBA, anyway, that screen's still perfect. Play my DS stuff on my 2DS, anyway, I'm not fussed.

Still surprised it holds a very good charge, great tech and it's such a lovely little thing.

Comment

Two: Japanese original and a PAL DSi.

Comment

OG JPN
              DS Lite Dark Blue JPN
              DS Lite White (work freebie)
              DSi White JPN
              3DS Black UK
              3DS Black (work freebie that some ****ed scratched the screen so I gave it back)
              3DS Ice White UK
              3DS XL Silver UK
              3DS XL White UK
              New 3DS White AUS
              New 3DS Black UK

I'm scared that if I ever meet [MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION] there'll be a rip in the spacetime continuum.

Comment

To the people that have multiple 3ds systems what would be your pick? I'm tempted to get one to replay Zelda: OOT.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  OG JPN
                  DS Lite Dark Blue JPN
                  DSi White JPN
                  3DS Black UK
                  3DS Black (work freebie that some ****ed scratched the screen so I gave it back)
                  3DS Ice White UK
                  3DS XL Silver UK
                  3DS XL White UK
                  New 3DS White AUS
                  New 3DS Black UK

I'm scared that if I ever meet [MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION] there'll be a rip in the spacetime continuum.
                  It's OK, he exists in a different continuum to others. Like dragonballs hyperbolic time chamber. It's how he fits in so much gaming and movies.

Comment

Have quite a few sat here but some are backups to be called into service when the one i'm using eventually cacks it.

Original Japanese launch fatty DS
                    White Jpn DS lite (the only one i no longer have as it snapped in half from over use, the only ds to ever break on me)
                    Red UK DS lite (my current in use model but hinge starting to get floppy & the L button no longer registers)
                    Black UK DS lite (a used backup for general play when the red one dies.
                    Red Jpn DS lite the Japan post new years lottery main prize was the only red DS lite available till they released it in UK as standard color.
                    Pikachu yellow pokemon centre tokyo Jpn DS lite
                    Red & black Jpn DS lite (bought as yet another backup)
                    Green UK DS lite, a very kind gift from Nico. The nicest thing someone has done for me i still really appreciate. This one gets very light use as i want to keep this one mint as i love the green colour.
                    Brown Jpn DSi XL
                    Green Jpn Dsi
                    Not sure if the IS Nitro capture classes as a DS as it wasn't supposed to be for sale but i did buy it.

So that's 11 if i count them all but only 10 still left in my collection or 9 if you don't count thr nitro capture unit. Still after a few more new DS's before they become impossible to find new anymore. Maybe a couple more of the DSi XL probably a yellow & a green one plus that rose gold DS lite as i love the color and maybe a couple more regular DSi.

An old pic with some of the newer ones i bought missing
                    Last edited by importaku; 16-09-2020, 17:37.

Comment

I believe I jumped in with the OG blue Nintendogs pack, then got a white DS Lite that I still have. Brilliant system.

Same with 3DS. Original in blue then a New 3DS in white!

Comment

OG JPN
                        DS Lite Dark Blue JPN
                        DSi White JPN
                        3DS Black UK
                        3DS Ice White UK
                        3DS XL Silver UK
                        3DS XL White UK
                        New 3DS White AUS
                        New 3DS Black UK

I'm scared that if I ever meet @Neon Ignition there'll be a rip in the spacetime continuum.
                        If you post on the 22nd that you're welcoming your third child that day then the fates will have spoken

Out of the different models it's all about the New 3DS XL for me. Good size, every feature and having the 3D is paramount

Comment

I've had a few...

Silver OG DS (UK, new) - received for my 10th birthday in 2005 (sorry to make some of you feel old... ). Traded in a year later for...
                          White DS Lite (UK, new) - bought on release. However, circa 2008 I sold it on eBay to pay my dad back for a £95 phone bill I'd racked up one month, when I'd got a girlfriend for the first time (lol).
                          Black DS Lite (UK, secondhand) - a year or so later, I bought this off a friend. Kept this until a trade-in for...
                          Aqua Blue 3DS (UK/PAL, new) - bought at release for the stupidly high price of £220. Kept for six years until I sold it to fund an XL upgrade (below).
                          Black DSi (UK/PAL, secondhand) - bought for dirt cheap on eBay around 2013. However, I busted one of the shoulder buttons, so sold it on.
                          Metallic Blue New 3DS XL (UK/PAL, new) - bought this in 2016. I actually bought and sent back eight different units trying to find one with IPS screens. I never did, and after Amazon sent me a moderately threatening email asking what I was playing at, I settled with the TN one I still have now.
                          Enamel Navy DS Lite x2 (JP, secondhand) - bought one of these this year from Yahoo Auctions. Fancied trying out a colour we never got in the UK (or indeed the US either). I also bought a second which I ended up giving away as a present to an ex-girlfriend, who returned it to me when we broke up. Still got both.

So that's six DS family, eight including 3DS.

...and also looking to get a DSi LL while I'm here. Can't decide which out of Wine Red, Dark Brown or Natural White though
                          Last edited by danstan21; 17-09-2020, 08:39.

Comment

You should be more scared that if you ever meet Neon he'll likely try to convince that the Switch is a megaflop because its total global sales do not match the combined ages of Miyamoto, Tezuka, Aonuma, Sakurai, Iwata, Yamauchi, Koizumi, etc.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-09-2020, 09:26.

Comment

Is there a white New 3DS XL that has the nice coloured buttons?

Comment

Also...

Comment

Working...
                                X