No announcement yet.

PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As part of the days of play starting tomorrow, these games are all coming to the PlayStation premium Tier​, its gonna be a nice boost to my collection of games I have walking dead 1 and synth riders, but hopefully this is the start of VR games being added to the catalogue.
    • Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord
    • Walkabout Mini Golf
    • Synth Riders
    • Before Your Eyes
    • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapters 1 & 2
    im betting on a big discount for the VR2 headset tomorrow too as part of the day's of play as well as the usual £35 controllers and cheap £30 ps+ subs

Celebrate with player activities, bonus Game Catalog, PS VR2 and PS2 titles through PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium, compelling offers, and more.

Comment

25% off Rebirth!

*does the math*

.... nevermind

Comment

Comment

Genuinely surprised they decided to go this route given it will require them to maintain OS drivers for it. Will wait to see how they price it, but if it's not ridiculous I will definitely buy one.

Comment

$59.99

Comment

'you’ll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC.'

£49.99 confirmed price in the UK

Comment

Hmm, with no eye tracking or HDR or haptic feedback it's making less sense to spend £50 if you already have a PC headset. Why they wouldn't support HDR or Eye Tracking is bizzare given it's baked into SteamVR/OpenVR SDKs. Possibly it might be worth for the OLEDs as you will lose something with compression even though the Quest 3 resolution is higher.

Starting to sound like a half-arsed implementation though, so I can't imagine it selling many more headsets to existing PC owners who don't have one.
                Last edited by MartyG; 03-06-2024, 18:46.

Comment

I wonder if these features will be implemented by the team at IVRy or if it will be something Sony update later down the line.

Use your Sony PSVR2 as a VR Headset for your PC. Lets you run SteamVR & Oculus Rift PC VR titles using your PSVR2 headset.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    Hmm, with no eye tracking or HDR or haptic feedback it's making less sense to spend £50 if you already have a PC headset. Why they wouldn't support HDR or Eye Tracking is bizzare given it's baked into SteamVR/OpenVR SDKs. Possibly it might be worth for the OLEDs as you will lose something with compression even though the Quest 3 resolution is higher.

Starting to sound like a half-arsed implementation though, so I can't imagine it selling many more headsets to existing PC owners who don't have one.
                    Someone enterprising fellow with patch the features into pc in a bout 20 mins I imagine.

Comment

The IVRy drivers will definitely be worth keeping an eye on if they can piggy back on to Sony's interface board.

Comment

Yep, given the costs etc it seems to only be worthwhile for PS5 PSVR2 owners who have a PC but no headset for it already. That's going right back to that very, veyr tiny niche audience as the headset isn't going to be the best choice outside of that group. Maybe it's Sony making a bit of money off an adaptor, more likely it's them signing off on them stepping away from it.

Comment

Yeah, same as most here really - I really want to see if the community can fix this. The eye-tracking specifically; HDR would be great too but the eye-tracking was one of the headset's better features where that is still comparably rare in the space.

Comment

Working...
                          X