Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the biggest crime, companies like EA are literally sitting on franchises like Burnout. Paradise was even successful, precursored Horizon in some ways and had a remaster do alright but is still sat there while they dismantle Criterion and peddle out duff NFS after duff NFS game... actually, they'd probably ruin Burnout too.

I don't know if it's like GTA at this point, immense success but something scares others off trying to make their own

Comment

The fact that Gotham3 hasn’t had a 60fps update is absolutely criminal, its not even bc either 😭

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        A friend of mine who works for Game has told me that, even when they get Series X in stock, they can't do All Access anyway!

What's. The. Point. Then?
        Game seem to be only selling bundles for Series X and PS5 at the moment. Pretty sneaky way of upselling on accessories and games.

All Access would just give you a tonne of games via the subscription and Game would probably miss out.

Comment

Forza Horizon basically took the high quality car assets from Motorsport and put a fun arcade twist on it.
          To get something similar, youd have to take the car assets from Gran Turismo. That's why it's a tough one to copy. It's not that it's just a fun arcade game, it that it looks like a high quality racing sim too.

But yeah it's damn shame we don't get any more Burnouts.

Comment

It's a pity Sony didn't get anywhere with Drive Club, that was the last venture that showed promise. What happened to it?

I'd argue that at this stage, with Bizarre Creations effectively gone and/or absorbed into Playground Games that Forza Horizon is basically the evolution of the PGR series.

It shares a fair bit of its DNA but it's a pity they couldn't co-exist. PGR3/4 were stunning back in the day.

Comment

DriveClub really needed to be 60fps which would have cost it the eye candy. Would have been worth it though, the game is rough as hell in many ways.

Comment

I played FH4 on a One X and couldn't tell the difference between the hires and performance (60fps) modes (in terms of graphical fidelity) so just left it on 60fps. Looked amazing! [MENTION=16707]Cassius_Smoke[/MENTION] you're right. I'm not one for middle ground though and prefer extreme ends of the spectrum so I'd play Ridge, Motorstorm or Mario Kart at one end and an F1 game in VR at the other but am usually not a fan of something in the middle, and I include Gran Turismo in the middle because of the lack of collision physics etc. Back in the day In did really like Metropolis Street Racer though so it's just my tastes that have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  DriveClub really needed to be 60fps which would have cost it the eye candy. Would have been worth it though, the game is rough as hell in many ways.
                  I stuck this one the other day and wanted to vomit, the 30fps was a stuttering mess compared to new stuff and physically hurt my eyes.

Comment

I think the quality v performance mode is a bit more pronounced here but only because they've upped the ante in quality. Regardless performance is still pretty enough and super smooth.

I've just completed some of the final races, in particular the off road rally one called the Gauntlet... Took me 20 minutes in an S class Ford Puma and takes you up and down the Volcano. Pretty much the best 20 minutes I've spent with the game this far and was a thrill end to end. Playground have nailed this one...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      It's a pity Sony didn't get anywhere with Drive Club, that was the last venture that showed promise. What happened to it?

I'd argue that at this stage, with Bizarre Creations effectively gone and/or absorbed into Playground Games that Forza Horizon is basically the evolution of the PGR series.

It shares a fair bit of its DNA but it's a pity they couldn't co-exist. PGR3/4 were stunning back in the day.
                      i had a buddy that worked for Bizarre around the time PGR3 came out and he was pretty peed at how Microsoft handled the PGR3 launch, and id kind of have to agree with him. As a consumer i saw a ton of Microsoft adds for Forza but pretty much nothing for PGR3. Its like someone at Microsoft saw that they where making two competing series and decided to mothball one.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Game seem to be only selling bundles for Series X and PS5 at the moment. Pretty sneaky way of upselling on accessories and games.

All Access would just give you a tonne of games via the subscription and Game would probably miss out.
                        Microsoft shouldn't be listing them as an All Access partner then. Seems a bit of a swizz to be saying you can buy an Xbox on a phone-style contract and then have the people who are supposed to offer said service not do it.

Comment

Tell Microsoft mate. Seriously. If they're not doing it they shouldn't be on the list.

Comment

The only other All Access partner is Smyths Toys but worth a shot there if you can get one.

Comment

When you think what’s the point

Comment

Originally posted by tyjay View Post
                                I just did that one today as well. Got them all now!

Comment

Working...
                                X