This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Is there a way to have TV audio cut when you insert a wired headset into the controller? When I do this, audio still emits from the TV. Do I just need to mute the TV?
    Isn't there a mixer in the guide when a headset is connected? I know there's one for mixing chat and game audio but isn't there a setting to not output to TV?

Honestly I can't remember so maybe my memory is hazy. I haven't gamed with headphones on in ages as normally I've got a baby monitor near...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
      Good old PayPal. Had an email from them today to inform me that they have refunded the buyer and have charged me a £12 dispute fee. As soon as I can shut my PayPal account down the better
      If they took the money from your bank, rather than any funds within your paypal account might be worth trying to do a chargeback through your bank. Considering you are planning on closing the account anyway, whats the worse they can do?

Comment

Keep your eyes peeled on the 17th for some backward compatibility news... There's a rumour going around in Reddit that Microsoft will announce new tech that enables 30fps locked games to run at 60fps on the new consoles without any developer patching.

If you remember the was stuff they showed on Fallout 4 previously. Sounds like it's now ready to be shown off in the wild...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Keep your eyes peeled on the 17th for some backward compatibility news... There's a rumour going around in Reddit that Microsoft will announce new tech that enables 30fps locked games to run at 60fps on the new consoles without any developer patching.

If you remember the was stuff they showed on Fallout 4 previously. Sounds like it's now ready to be shown off in the wild...
          Would be great if it turns out to be true

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

Both Xbox and Sony have mentioned dlss type software being available. I think if anyone is going to enable such a feature it'll be Microsoft.

Comment

Now confirmed, so we should see what they're talking about on the 17th. There's also an AI talk going on the week after which is more Microsoft focused but does have Phil Spencer as a speaker for some parts...

Comment

Pretty cool. I'd still expect limitations on which games this can be applied to, and even DLSS is hit and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Pretty cool. I'd still expect limitations on which games this can be applied to, and even DLSS is hit and miss.
                  Yeah I think they already said way back this new technique was only for titles using specific engines and physics etc... So it's not like it's going to cure all 30fps games like some magic but it does sound like it'll be transformative where it can be used as I believe it's like the Auto HDR, it requires nothing from the developer they just apply it over the existing code and it works.

Haven't seen too much on the DLSS front but I am sure it's being worked on. It seems to work wonders when it actually works (sex panther logic)

Comment

Its unlikely but I wish they would do this for forza horizon 3. The technical difference between it and the series s forza 4 is staggering. The frame rate kills it.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      Its unlikely but I wish they would do this for forza horizon 3. The technical difference between it and the series s forza 4 is staggering. The frame rate kills it.
                      Yeah I would love to see that... I mean they brought the 60fps love with FH4 and gave it more attention on the new consoles but it's just made the chasm between it and FH3 even more pronounced.

Unfortunately I doubt it'll happen...

Comment

Microsoft has announced new games coming to Xbox Game Pass during the remainder of February.On 18th February, Bandai Na…

Well I'm real glad I didn't buy Dirt 5 over Xmas....

Comment

Impressive for it to hit GP so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Impressive for it to hit GP so soon.
                            I know right, though it's dropped pretty quickly in price since launch so I wonder if it sold lower than expected...

Also MS just announced a new full wireless / Bluetooth headset for Xbox for $99 coming next month and I've gotta say I kinda like it. Share some design aspects with the Surface headphones with the rotatable dials for mixing.

Comment

How do they compare to the pulse headset for price?
                              I'm never that keen on 'gaming' headphones. I don't think they offer the soundscape a good set of headphones offers for a bit more money. I guess these have a mic but mic'd headphones are everywhere these days.

Comment

The greatest game to grace our screens is part of Games with Gold today. Lost Planet 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X