This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    I'm interested more than excited. I really like the new Doom and Wolfenstein games well apart from Young blood but they were forced to rush that one out.

You look across the studios Bethesda has and you wonder what they could do if they were given some free reign and time.
    I mean more Bethesda first party stuff. Machinegames and ID are different, although I wasn't as keen on Doom Eternal as the first. I do like the Wolfenstein games but I'm not sure I'd buy an xbox to play them.
    Competition is a good thing though and with MS being behind they really need to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I mean more Bethesda first party stuff. Machinegames and ID are different, although I wasn't as keen on Doom Eternal as the first. I do like the Wolfenstein games but I'm not sure I'd buy an xbox to play them.
      Competition is a good thing though and with MS being behind they really need to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
      Yeah I mean more as teams they're proficient in what they do so to give them maybe an entirely new IP and maybe even a different genre and let them go crazy... I'd love to see that.

Comment

If there's any truth to Quake coming back properly that'll likely be the showcase. Bethesdas showing will likely disappoint but likely just due to misplaced expectations. MS owning them won't change what they had ready for this year and they rarely make huge waves. Really, it's coming time for the other older acquisitiobs to start bearing fruit

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          If there's any truth to Quake coming back properly that'll likely be the showcase. Bethesdas showing will likely disappoint but likely just due to misplaced expectations. MS owning them won't change what they had ready for this year and they rarely make huge waves. Really, it's coming time for the other older acquisitiobs to start bearing fruit
          Yeah on that note the merger ink has only just dried so really we're most likely going to be seeing games that were already in the pipeline. Starfield etc ...

I'm sure as this generation progresses this is going to change and I'd fully expect some more new IP to be unveiled.

Comment

Honestly, Bethesda's Starfield stuff is thing I'm most anticipating at this year's E3.

We know it's still a ways out, but I'm curious to see SOMETHING of what they've been working on at least.

Comment

Not a bad trade in deal from Game. You can get the Series S for £99 if trading in a last gen console...

Comment

If nit it's worth keeping an eye on ebay. Series S demand seems to be in fairly sharpish decline so prices for practically new units have been fallibg fast on there in the last week or so, getting one for £190ish is easy and it looks likely to fall futher.

Comment

My mate picked a SeriesX up off eBay for £520 incl del las week, the scalpers are obviously struggling to get the prices PS5 is still demanding.

Comment

[MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION] and after fees, that's almost no profit

Comment

Yep. Shows that demand is high, but not that high. There’s absolutely loads on there at £600 not selling, and prices are dropping down all the time.

Comment

What you saying? People can't get rid of them?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          What you saying? People can't get rid of them?
                          There seems to be a little more series x stock popping up than the PS5. So that will drive scalpers prices down and down. PS5. Will last a little longer I think at a higher price

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s4-or-xbox-one

Not a bad trade in deal from Game. You can get the Series S for £99 if trading in a last gen console...
                            That's got to be underwritten by Microsoft surely? Might persuade people with the last generation console to upgrade sooner than they may have intended. I might see if my nieces fancy an upgrade as that's a steal.

Comment

Based on the sales figures it seems like stock aside there's clearly a huge gulf in demand between the two machines and XSX and particularly XSS are reaching the point where supply is beginning to surpass demand in the fever stage of post-launch. XSS is the most interesting as potentially, depending on production numbers, it could suggest the mass market entry audience isn't going to be there and the system will remain locked to the same XBO audience.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                That's got to be underwritten by Microsoft surely? Might persuade people with the last generation console to upgrade sooner than they may have intended. I might see if my nieces fancy an upgrade as that's a steal.
                                Don't think so, I would assume it's more GAME stimulating foot traffic back into stores?

Comment

Working...
                                X