This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    Nah Psychonauts 2 was basically crowd funded before MS bought double fine and it's multi platform. It's coming out on last gen and PC...

I would definitely check it out somewhere as it looks great and the original was also brilliant. It is disappointing they skipped on bringing it up to parity on PS5 but at least 1440p and 60fps is still decent.

Speaking of game pass it's about to get a bit crazy as this month ends.

Battlefield V
    Crimson Skies
    Blink
    The Ascent
    Omno
    Cris Tales
    Flight Simulator

All before end of the month, with Psychonauts 2 coming in August. Mental.

Crimson Skies?

Is that a new game or the OG Xbox game being rereleased?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

I’m less concerned about the perceived devaluing of games if GamePass is actually providing a decent and steady income for the devs.
      Why would publishers agree to put their title on to GamePass if they'd make more money not doing so?

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
      Crimson Skies?

Is that a new game or the OG Xbox game being rereleased?
      The OG.
      Last edited by MartyG; 21-07-2021, 06:53.

Comment

Crimson Skies is great!

Comment

Really looking forward to MS Flight Sim. Hopefully it won't melt my XSS. Any footage of it running on the consoles?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Why would publishers agree to put their title on to GamePass if they'd make more money not doing so?
            Its something I've questioned many times.

Horizon Zero Dawn cost around $50M to make and it sold 10M in its first week, minus marketing costs and such you are looking at $300m profit on the first week.
            There are 110M ps4 owners, 10M sales = ~10% of the owners bought HZD on the opening week.

There are 50M xbox ones sold, if we throw in series sales too its about 60M.
            Lets say Halo sells 10% in the opening week, as HZD did, that's 600k profit minus marketing and such its probably 400k, gamepass isn't going to bump the profit up to 300m any given Sunday.

MS obviously know they are never going to make HZD kind of profits, which is fine to some extent, but it has to impact development cost and marketing. Halo might cost 50m to make, but are MS going to greenlight an unknown AAA game (like HZD was) for 50M? Its much more risky for them.

You can add the argument that time = money and that over time the MS developer will see more cash, but so do guerrilla games.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Really looking forward to MS Flight Sim. Hopefully it won't melt my XSS. Any footage of it running on the consoles?
              Yeah the trailers they've shown the last month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Crimson Skies is great!
                One of a handful of titles I still own on disc. It's a pity the OG Xbox online servers are gone now as multiplayer in this was great.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  Well obviously you wouldn't (unless it disappeared from Game Pass and you still wanted to play it) - that doesn't make a game less valuable tho. It might mean that the retail price is lower in some places, but value doesn't rest solely on how much Game is selling a title for.

Game Pass has lead to me trying games I wouldn't have bothered playing at all and in some cases ended up purchasing once they'd left the service (I never thought I'd end up liking Farm Simulator for example).

In the case of Psychonauts 2 Randy Pitchford stated in the Q&A session after the press previews that the money from MS allowed them to give the game more polish - Game Pass made Psychonauts 2 a better game - that's got to have some value
                  its the opposite for me i see a game ive just bought digitaly or at retail pop into gamepass or playstation plus and it pees me off that ive spent money on it and its also now on a sub service that i pay for. I cant be the only one who thinks like this

Comment

Yeah I have done that a few times. I bought Doom Eternal a month before the Bethesda announcement.... Ouch

Comment

Ive been using my gpu trial as a demo service. Once i like a game i buy the disk, or buy the online version. Once it runs out ill just go back to careful research again like I usually do/have been.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-07-2021, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Yeah I have done that a few times. I bought Doom Eternal a month before the Bethesda announcement.... Ouch
                        Buying Star Wars sqaudrons the day before it went on playstation plus was the latest one that peed me off

Comment

Fallout 4, looks and runs amazingly on the series x - 4k/unlocked 60 fps - (with mods) Holds 60, 99% of the time too

infact it plays almost like an FPS now! - i have played nothing else for the last 3 days!

Some of the mods make the game look amazing too. I can now really see what the fuss was all about.

Comment

I just picked this up of a friend's recommendation this morning. It's £14 on Xbox but I used some rewards credit.

Not far into it but it's gorgeous. Bit Zelda like with solid combat.

Comment

Has anyone managed to download Flight Simulator yet?

When I downloaded it from the MS Store, it plonked a 298MB placeholder on my Xbox that says “see you on the 27th”.

I guess it’s similar to the PC’s installer which then downloaded the actual game.

I found it in the GamePass app and it shows up as 97GB but says something went wrong when I try remote installing.

Maybe I have to wait until the weekend?

Comment

That slick console experience...

Comment

Working...
                                X