This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Everyone has had ugly LE consoles, but Xbox are really hitting a run of them.
    This makes the Halo Infinite one look like a piece of art...

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Ugly is completely subjective.
      Definitely true but there's usually more agreement amongst people on something that may be grotesque.

Comment

Ugly is completely subjective.
        Well, yeah....

But you could make an LE console that would look nice in a house. It doesn't have to look like a prop out of Laser Quest!

For some reason anything designed for gAmErS usually has to look incredibly dorky.

Comment

No one is pointing a gun at their head forcing anyone to buy it - guarantee it still sells out and at some future date earns someone a small fortune in profit.

Again, it's entirely subjective - these consoles clearly appeal to the people that want to buy them, making it relevant and worthwhile (the world would be a lesser place if there's only vanilla ice cream).

If you don't like it, you just don't get it; not everyone can be a nouveau connoisseur
          Last edited by MartyG; 06-09-2021, 20:25.

Comment

They made a nice one... The Halo one. Gold trim, stars. Lovely. Shame they made 10 and only sold them to scalpers, but still!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              They made a nice one... The Halo one. Gold trim, stars. Lovely. Shame they made 10 and only sold them to scalpers, but still!
              Ideally they’d release the ugly ones first and let the scalpers have at them, then release the nicer ones to give people a slightly better chance at securing one

Comment

No one is pointing a gun at their head forcing anyone to buy it - guarantee it still sells out and at some future date earns someone a small fortune in profit.

Again, it's entirely subjective - these consoles clearly appeal to the people that want to buy them, making it relevant and worthwhile (the world would be a lesser place if there's only vanilla ice cream).

If you don't like it, you just don't get it; not everyone can be a nouveau connoisseur

Look Marty. I see a post on here, I post an opinion about it. That’s my prerogative. I do it every day. Why? I have no idea. Is anyone interested in my opinions? Almost certainly not. See you later today, and tomorrow, and the day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  See you later today, and tomorrow, and the day after that.
                  And in case I miss you: good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.

Comment

Look Marty. I see a post on here, I post an opinion about it. That’s my prerogative. I do it every day. Why? I have no idea. Is anyone interested in my opinions? Almost certainly not. See you later today, and tomorrow, and the day after that.
                    Not entirely sure why you're aiming this at me tbh - I'm posting an opinion on a topic and nowhere did I quote your post

(also what do you think nouveau connoisseur means in context of the looks of the console?)
                    Last edited by MartyG; 07-09-2021, 07:51.

Comment

Well, yeah....

But you could make an LE console that would look nice in a house. It doesn't have to look like a prop out of Laser Quest!

For some reason anything designed for gAmErS usually has to look incredibly dorky.
                      That's an interesting idea.
                      Those 360 faceplates were a step in the right direction because you could match it's colour to the other devices in your telly cabinet.

I used to subscribe to T3 and admire the design of the various DVD players and so on, until I realised I was just looking at a magazine with pictures of rectangles.

However, it would be interesting to see the reaction if they did these kind of things but rather than have something that looked like it belongs in a nuclear bunker, had a run of designs that looked really stylish.

Comment

Not entirely sure why you're aiming this at me tbh - I'm posting an opinion on a topic and nowhere did I quote your post

(also what do you think nouveau connoisseur means in context of the looks of the console?)
                        It's my goofy sense of humour. It was just an attempt at some lighthearted morning bantering!

Comment

MS has bought Clip Champ, a video editing company. If this means they're going to sort out the game clip editing suite on the console then this is great because it's definitely in need of some attention.

MS are also rolling out a new firmware for older controllers that adds a dynamic latency interface and support for BT low latency and fast switching between Bluetooth and native Xbox WiFi protocols.

Short version, controller latency is getting improvements on all the older Xbox One controllers to bring them inline with the Series controllers.

Comment

So, if we entertain the idea for a moment that Microsoft has no interest in Xbox hardware ever becoming profitable we come around to the idea here that from late next year we'll be leading into a situation where Microsoft is selling:

Xbox Series S - £250
                            Xbox Series S2 - £280
                            Xbox Series X - £450
                            Xbox Series X2 - £???

All models alongside each other. To be honest, unless there's any truth to this if I were them I'd shut the rumour down fast. It can't be good for business to already have people who have been waiting a year to get access to stock of your system and then give them another reason to hold off further when that stock eventually comes up. Hardware refreshes are a way of extending a systems life cycle, I don't get the gain to be made from doing it just two years into a generation when market demand for the existing model remains peak. I've seen the mobile phone comparison made before but the key point is that consoles aren't phones, anymore than everyone owns a TV but they don't upgrade it every year for the latest model. It's a dumb comparison that the One X and PS4 Pro's sales figures ably demonstrate doesn't apply given how poor demand was for both models.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              That's an interesting idea.
                              Those 360 faceplates were a step in the right direction because you could match it's colour to the other devices in your telly cabinet.

I used to subscribe to T3 and admire the design of the various DVD players and so on, until I realised I was just looking at a magazine with pictures of rectangles.

However, it would be interesting to see the reaction if they did these kind of things but rather than have something that looked like it belongs in a nuclear bunker, had a run of designs that looked really stylish.
                              they need to put that on the cover

"T3 Magazine now with even more pictures of rectangles"

Phones TV's, media players, consoles, its all rectangles maybe theirs a conspiracy here from the rectangle consortium to brain wash us into buying more rectangles.

Comment

We all know it wasn't the rectangles QC was admiring in those issues of T3 he was buying.

'Yeah it's just to find out about the latest DVD players, love.'

Comment

Working...
                                X