Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’s prob a low priority because utilisation of the feature is quite low. I would hazard a guess most regular UHD watchers own a dedicated player.

Comment

Can a Dolby Atmos TV also handle Dolby Vision? My LG has HDR, ATi Free Sync, Dolby Atmos plus 4k at 120htz but doesn't mention Dolby Vision in any settings. I'm guessing not but I was wondering if it was one of these options that appear once detected by the hardware.

Comment

The two features aren’t connected in any way so no, not necessarily. But your TV sounds pretty modern, it should have it. What model is it?

Comment

It's LG 55NANO91JNA 5, I'm under the impression it's a Japanese only model.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            It's LG 55NANO91JNA 5, I'm under the impression it's a Japanese only model.
            Pretty sure i don't have any DV in my settings, it only shows up when the content is in DV, Does it have Netflix app built in? they have a lot of DV content, if it shows HDR10 on the likes of the new Star Trek tv show then it not, but DV is pretty standard on new TV's nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
              Pretty sure i don't have any DV in my settings, it only shows up when the content is in DV, Does it have Netflix app built in? they have a lot of DV content, if it shows HDR10 on the likes of the new Star Trek tv show then it not, but DV is pretty standard on new TV's nowadays.
              Yeah, it has built in Netflix but I don't have an account. It also has all the other stuff too like Amazon Prime. I'll sign up for a free Netflix account and give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Dolby Vision IQ is listed on the spec sheet here:

LGについて理解する 55NANO91JNA. LG の写真、レビュー、技術仕様書をクリックしてください 様々なお部屋でNano Cellの高画質が楽しめる豊富なサイズラインアップ。.

So it looks like yep, it does have it. It should automatically enable when fed with Dolby Vision content (there should be some kind of on-screen indication that you're now viewing Dolby Vision).

The 'IQ' part listed on the spec sheet indicates that your TV's implementation of Dolby Vision also factors in information from the light sensor on the front of the TV to adjust to your room's lighting conditions btw. It's full fat DV but with an added bell/whistle.
                @Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Yeah, it has built in Netflix but I don't have an account. It also has all the other stuff too like Amazon Prime. I'll sign up for a free Netflix account and give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
                  You can check whether it's supported for your TV on the Xbox itself (Profile & system -> Settings -> General -> TV & display options -> 4K TV details), it lists DV separately to HDR10 (and games and movies). You may also need to turn it on in the advance settings in there as well as it has its own checkbox in there.

The lack of 4K120 with DV seems to be a HDMI 2.1 problem: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1621258192
                  Last edited by MartyG; 29-09-2021, 10:06.

Comment

Yeah my TV can only be set to either 4K120 using HDR10 or set to allow Dolby Vision but caps out at 4K60. Mine is the Sony XH90 and I understand it's because of the limitations of the CPU in the TV.

To be honest I did try DV in the beta but there were some bugs where it would mistakenly apply it to non supported games and made the look washed out so I switched it off. I think it's a nice feature to have but if you're already rocking 120fps with HDR you're not missing much.

I see in other news Xbox alpha ring testers are now trying out cloud play on the console for game pass games. There's a new play now button added to each game listing which just allows you to stream instead of install.

Given that's in Alpha it could be out by the end it the year. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Dolby Vision IQ is listed on the spec sheet here:

LGについて理解する 55NANO91JNA. LG の写真、レビュー、技術仕様書をクリックしてください 様々なお部屋でNano Cellの高画質が楽しめる豊富なサイズラインアップ。.

So it looks like yep, it does have it. It should automatically enable when fed with Dolby Vision content (there should be some kind of on-screen indication that you're now viewing Dolby Vision).

The 'IQ' part listed on the spec sheet indicates that your TV's implementation of Dolby Vision also factors in information from the light sensor on the front of the TV to adjust to your room's lighting conditions btw. It's full fat DV but with an added bell/whistle.
                      @Yakumo
                      Oh wow, cool. Nice! Thank you so much for that and the link. Should have looked at that myself .

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        You can check whether it's supported for your TV on the Xbox itself (Profile & system -> Settings -> General -> TV & display options -> 4K TV details), it lists DV separately to HDR10 (and games and movies). You may also need to turn it on in the advance settings in there as well as it has its own checkbox in there.

The lack of 4K120 with DV seems to be a HDMI 2.1 problem: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1621258192
                        Oh cool, so this should be listed with the new updated firmware? It never used to be there so I'll check tonight. Saves faffing about with Netflix now.

Comment

Sounds like EA have shovelled a turd out to Series S owners.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ga...-s-disappoints

Sounds like EA have shovelled a turd out to Series S owners.
                            It's unfortunately an issue owners will face again and again. The SeriesS needs optimisation and EA obviously cant be bothered to put the time and money involved into it. It'll be patched I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              It's unfortunately an issue owners will face again and again. The SeriesS needs optimisation and EA obviously cant be bothered to put the time and money involved into it. It'll be patched I'm sure.
                              It surprises me a company as big as EA can't optimise for that particular hardware. Especially when they're releasing cross platform and generation, and even more so on a title as high profile as FIFA.

I don't think any of the blame rests anywhere but with EA. This is just slack like they have been with their switch support ...

I'm sure they'll fix it but releasing it in such shoddy form is inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                It surprises me a company as big as EA can't optimise for that particular hardware. Especially when they're releasing cross platform and generation, and even more so on a title as high profile as FIFA.

I don't think any of the blame rests anywhere but with EA. This is just slack like they have been with their switch support ...

I'm sure they'll fix it but releasing it in such shoddy form is inexcusable.
                                It's all on EA. They simply couldn't be bothered. They've probably taken the Xbone version, chucked it on the SeriesS and walked away.
                                Companies that care will optimise, companies that don't won't. Its an unfortunate side effect of the SeriesS.

Comment

Working...
                                X