Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are comments circulating saying the 30m GP subscribers isn't true. I don't like Jeff Grubb so, pinch of salt, but 30m seems a bit high.

Comment

Its probably true between PS consoles, Xbox, Nintendo & pc combined. Thats a lot of potential customers, I mean there’s 120m PS4 consoles so it’s hardly a stretch.

MK8 has sold 35m on switch alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        There are comments circulating saying the 30m GP subscribers isn't true. I don't like Jeff Grubb so, pinch of salt, but 30m seems a bit high.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffGrubb...43887566737408
        The only official number is 18m... I've watched that video and the number is definitely more than that now but apart from Zelnick stating 30m (and quite confidently I might add, not a random guess) but it's still potentially wrong as it could be just stuff he's heard which isn't official record etc ...

Phil Spencer is quick to shut him down and just reiterate it's 18m officially but clearly that was months ago and that number will have risen in that time.

My take is if it isn't 30m it's probably closer than we think, probably around mid 20s... but with Forza Horizon and Halo Infinite dropping soon I'd expect that number will spike a bit soon and maybe we will see some new official stat then...

Comment

Does that number include people still subbed from some offer years ago that are no longer paying any money for it (like me)?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Does that number include people still subbed from some offer years ago that are no longer paying any money for it (like me)?
            Probably yes. They've offered so many incentives I don't think it's a simple calculation to convert that into total revenue. But still the more subscribers they have the better...

They've also just released cloud gaming in Japan, Australia, Mexico and Brazil. So given that allows you to subscribe but actually play without a console that might also see an increase in new adopters.

For me the cloud stuff isn't quite there yet but it continues to improve.

Comment

Yep, I could see something around 30m being possible but like the 18m figure before it I don't doubt for one second that it's a count that includes dormant lapsed subs. Essentially a raw count rather than the number of people actively engaged and using it on a regular basis.

Comment

Finally got round to playing Big Team Battle in Halo Infinite last night. Plan was to get in about 5 rounds and call it a night, ended up playing for 3 hours straight.

Maybe this is just my thing but this is easily shaping up to be the best Halo multiplayer sandbox in the entire series. I think it eclipses both Halo 2 and 3 for equipment, tactics and overall balance. The only thing I can see holding it back are how the maps and modes stack up in the final release but every map I've played so far has been great.

Fragmentation, the BTB map on show here, will it's like a nice expansion in the classic opposing base structure of blood gulch etc... only with some central loot cave area and a mountain blocking the sight lines. Takes a while it learn the flow of the map but overall it's really polished.

343 have done wonders here so I really now hope the campaign comes in with similar production values. It also runs super smooth on my Series S (didn't play on my Series X this weekend).

I've really nothing negative to say other than I wish it was still live... 66 days to go.

Comment

this is a pretty cool vid of the new grapple hook

Comment

Oh the campaign is soooo not going to get released this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      this is a pretty cool vid of the new grapple hook

Yeah there's already some crazy plays going on. The best thing they've added is the new AI companion for me... I'm not that good but having a companion running commentary and assisting you with updates it a lovely addition.

One thing that did happen to me last night is I headshot someone with the sniper rifle long distance and my AI companion (in best Jeeves voice) said "well he's not getting up from that".

Marvellous stuff really.

I did record a few videos myself but unfortunately I seem to have an issue with mine stuttering on playback.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Oh the campaign is soooo not going to get released this year.
                        I'd much prefer it to be released when its ready rather than rushed, they kind of don't need to push it out the door yet as their are still supply issues too.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          Finally got round to playing Big Team Battle in Halo Infinite last night. Plan was to get in about 5 rounds and call it a night, ended up playing for 3 hours straight.
                          It's by far the most polished beta I've played this year, no glitches, solid frame rate, no crashes - others I've played (most recently the BF2042) had issues you knew weren't going to be fixed by launch. I'm still not a big fan of how Halo MP plays, but for those that like its pacing, they'll find this bang on I'd reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            It's by far the most polished beta I've played this year, no glitches, solid frame rate, no crashes - others I've played (most recently the BF2042) had issues you knew weren't going to be fixed by launch. I'm still not a big fan of how Halo MP plays, but for those that like its pacing, they'll find this bang on I'd reckon.
                            Yeah as I understand it the PC version has just received some much needed optimisation but the console versions are all really solid.

DF did some analysis on last week's build and the surprising part was the One X version could now run 60fps which is great for anyone still holding on in last gen. The One S version by comparison at 30fps is probably just scraping it but works. It's pretty much flawless pacing now on Series consoles bar some tweaks and bug fixing.

As for the campaign, well no-one has seen it for months outside of 343... If it's as polished as this then fantastic and roll on December. If it isn't then I think I'd be happy for them to delay but the reality is they've already pushed co-op and forge out to 2022 so it's dropping in 66 days regardless.

I actually think it's going to be good. I've got renewed optimism given how they've scaled the multiplayer across platforms. They seem to have made the right cuts where needed and each platform really does feel like it's the best it can be, with maybe the PC being the exception...

The fact is, whatever condition the campaign is in come December I don't feel this is another Cyberpunk smoke and mirrors release... plus 343 will continue to improve this all past launch.

Until we see actual footage in public the big question mark still remains, but hey I'm actually excited about this now.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              would say BF2042 launch is on par with BF4 (totalled f'ked) or or BF5(bugs and glitches)

Comment

Did not like this iteration of BTB whatsoever. Not enough vehicle action, random vehicle spawns, armoury room camping etc. Map was average at best.

Overall, I can't say I disliked the beta, but can't say I liked it either. All just a bit meh. Any time I was heading towards one, there would be a match or two that swayed me towards the other, and so on.

I don't like the new enemy outline system. Brought in for dress sim garbage, no other reason.

Aiming on console is off. Or maybe it's hit registration. Or both. Xbone here. It's both.

There are lots of complaints about console aiming. Some games I will destroy enemy players with what seems to be pinpoint laser accuracy. Other games, despite doing the EXACT same thing, I will get destroyed and barely scratch them. Head scratcher.

(Also, not wanting to get into the hardware / input debate too much, but I did notice that 9/10 when there was a performance outlier, in a positive sense, it was a PC player...)

There is some janky hit reg. I've disengaged from fights (run away), yet I've been killed round corners with no clear line of sight to me whatsoever.

The beef. No beef.

Weak sounds.

Weak movement feels.

And so on.

The focus on dresses on the full release. alongside such a pathetic implementation of the BP...on the one hand dresses are for cretins I despise so no loss (and some fun playing spot the pillocks)...on the other hand, it's another easy attack on a subpar dev. Two quite samey hands really - dresses are from greedy devs for morons who proudly display that they are morons.

(I assume that gash pre-match line-up is the emote selling window?)

Great that it's F2P. I certainly wouldn't pay for this.

I suppose it's great also that this is a 10 year project, as it gives them time to try and make it actually decent.

Of course the flipside to the 10 years, is 10 years of this lack of ambition and quality and dress sim BS.

Overall, I didn't play, see or feel anything to change my (correct...lol) assertion that 343i Halo = garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X