This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Oh. ****. This now looks like something I want to play!!
    I was always going to play it but I'm glad to hear that its not throwing the playbook out the window and going fully open world. I mean, we've known this for a while but hearing the map is interconnected fragments and can't be traversed in full (at least not initially), with story dungeons and boss battles.

Well all that means 343 can keep things tight when it matters but equally provide an illusion of freedom and scale.

It certainly looks alot sharper than previous video so I'm pretty confident this is going to be a decent entry.

One month to go.

Comment

Yep it's looking interesting and hopefully be a worthy campaign for Master Chief

Comment

Sound has zero impact and the gameplay reflects that, everything just looks like your chucking paper balls at the enemies. Meh. Last gen should of been dropped as well and just concentrated on SeriesX performance as it just looks last gen.

Also what the hell have 343 done to the story, they went to all that decent effort in halo wars 2 setting up Atriox for this (who’s an amazing protagonist, the best halo has ever had) and just thrown that down the toilet for rando greg.

Slow clap guys.

Comment

Looks like a big improvement on the combat encounters from 5, i was so, so sick of 3 way clustermucks that felt like pushing through a CoD respawn check points than a Halo game.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Sound has zero impact and the gameplay reflects that, everything just looks like your chucking paper balls at the enemies. Meh. Last gen should of been dropped as well and just concentrated on SeriesX performance as it just looks last gen.

Also what the hell have 343 done to the story, they went to all that decent effort in halo wars 2 setting up Atriox for this (who’s an amazing protagonist, the best halo has ever had) and just thrown that down the toilet for rando greg.

Slow clap guys.
            Turn your volume up...

Comment

It's looking solid. I like the look of it. If I was a longstanding Halo fan, I think I'd be very excited. It looks like they've doubled down on what works best about the franchise, with light touch modernisation. I think that's a decent path to take with it (although as an 'outsider' who has only dabbled in Halo, a more wholesale reinvention would have excited me more) and the execution looks strong too.

I think I'd like to play through the campaign once I have an Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                If you want a free £5 for just installing the battlefield 2042 trial follow this..
                Nice - that totally works a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  Nice - that totally works a treat.
                  I know right, I think it's because the trials for EA play are basically just the full game so it triggers as you purchased it for these type of rewards cards.

Anyway, easy £5 to spend on something.

Comment

Annoying moment last night
                    playing the eliminator last night and was 248 yards from winning not a single car near me and came second!!!
                    iv looked at the vid I saved and can’t see on the radar/map any car near unless Iv messed something

http://gameclips.io/TYJAY/38606c73-724c-4fd7-8360-45a17edf999b

Comment

Gynoug out today with 20% off at 4.79 bought to go with gleylancer from last month

loved Gynoug back in the day one of the first megadrive game I bought from dream machines way way back haha

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        I know right, I think it's because the trials for EA play are basically just the full game so it triggers as you purchased it for these type of rewards cards.

Anyway, easy £5 to spend on something.
                        Didn’t work for me. Punched the card and downloaded the trial and played it. Card still hasn’t activated.
                        Last edited by BIG EDD; 12-11-2021, 21:22.

Comment

I've just stopped myself buying an Series X on All Access through ASDA.

I was all set to do it and then, just went, pfft! and closed the window on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            I've just stopped myself buying an Series X on All Access through ASDA.

I was all set to do it and then, just went, pfft! and closed the window on my phone.
                            It's very tempting.
                            Maybe worth a look in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                              Didn’t work for me. Punched the card and downloaded the trial and played it. Card still hasn’t activating.
                              Weird, worked perfectly for me.

If anyone what's a cheap Series S ebay has a black friday code active and there's a few consoles being sold by music magpie in very good condition... brings them down to a smidge over £200

Comment

Working...
                              X