No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just about to post this, took their time but good to see it rolling out finally.

Comment

Nice, not the prices obviously but at least its on its way then.

Comment

Ember Lab's action-adventure title Kena: Bridge of Spirits has been delayed once again, with the game now due to releas…

Kena: Bridge of Spirits has been delayed a month till 21 September

Comment

re: install guide on https://www.playstation.com/en-us/su...nstall-m2-ssd/ - I seem to have made a terrible mistake and bought a PC

Comment

This one fits the specs.
            £130 for 500GB.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              re: install guide on https://www.playstation.com/en-us/su...nstall-m2-ssd/ - I seem to have made a terrible mistake and bought a PC
              "If you experience problems while playing a game installed on M.2 SSD storage, move the game to the internal Ultra-High Speed console storage."

Translation:

"If you have issues playing games from your £400 M.2 SSD, simply move the game onto the internal SSD"

They really are making it up as they go along aren't they.

Comment

Man alive, sod that. What they need is for games to come on a convenient storage device so players don't feel compelled to buy over priced small storage expansions and have to install them following vague and poorly written guidance. I don't know... like, if they came on small discs or something that you slotted in to the front of the machine...

What am I saying? Hundreds on a meagre 500GB-1TB memory expansion and having to download/transfer files due to playback issues is far more convenient!

Comment

Bring back UMD!

Comment

Your all acting like this is the finsished thing, its a beta, thats why it says beta, there’s going to be issues.

Comment

I don't think a later firmware update is going to remove the steps where it tells you to ground yourself, and to come equipped with a torchlight and screwdriver.

Comment

Pretty sure you need a torch and a screwdriver to swap out the HDD on the PS4. It's no big deal.

Comment

Nah you just need the light on. Don't do it in the dark though.

Comment

I'm going new old school. Delete games I don't play.

Comment

Just bought a WD Black SN850 500GB from Ebuyer for £85 and a heat sink from Amazon ready for the firmware update. Also have an external Samsung T7 500gb so should be ok for a bit

Comment

Anyone else get the feeling that bit about needing a heatsink and installing it yourself is going to lead to disaster for many?

I wonder how many owners aren't going to realise it's required and just slap a drive in there without one, unless of course it comes preinstalled on the top.

I think it's laughable Sony state if it doesn't work move it to the internal drive but then it seems given the approach they have no option but to come out with a full list of company bum coverage for good measure.

Comment

Working...
                                X