No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of an interesting conundrum for pc owners then. You'll get a better graphical version of the game with more bells and whistles, but it'll have added load screens or load times. Maybe even if you have an SSD.

In regards to 3rd party games, it's not going to change much from what we see now. Slightly faster load speeds on the ps5 with maybe more frame stability depending on the title, but only enough to notice unless you are Digital Foundry.

Comment

I think most sony in house games will struggle on pc performance wise PS5>PC. Something like Ratchet just wouldn’t work without huge amounts of work as the whole game is designed around the PS5 architecture, that will most likely be the case most of Sonys in house games for a good while until pc’s catch up on that front.

Multiplats are going to be same pretty much everywhere.

As usual the console will give what devs put into it.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-08-2021, 17:55.

Comment

Oh no what a shame ill never get my hands on this....

A limited edition McDonald's PS5 DualSense controller has been unexpectedly pulled from the company's 50th birthday giveaway.

Comment

Amateur hour of McD's not to know to have checked that before they went ahead with it

August PSNow games are revealed:

-Nier: Automata
          -Ghostrunner
          -Undertale

Nier: Automata leaves the service on 01 November.

Comment

SAN MATEO, Calif., July 28, 2021 – Sony Interactive Entertainment announced today that its newest generation game console, PlayStation®5 (PS5™), has sold through more than 10 million units* globally since first launching on November 12, 2020. PS5 is the fastest-selling console in the company’s history and continues to outpace sales of its predecessor, PlayStation®4 (PS4™). SIE also […]

PlayStation 5 is now officially the fastest selling console of all time having outpaced the PS4.

Sony has also secured enough chipset to meet the rest of the years demand.

Comment

Also, the disc model of PS5 is already said to no longer be selling at a loss due to the gains Sony is making to offset it via peripheral sales and remaining PS4 sales.

Comment

How?
                I’ve never seen a ps5 available to buy. Ever. Crazy times.

Comment

That's the fascinating thing, how much could it have sold if stocks were off the shelf ready...

Comment

To be fair I only wanted one because I couldn’t have one

Comment

I've tracked stock at all the major retailers and yet never, ever gotten prompted than any were available. It makes me wonder how many are still being scalped?

Sony doesn't seem to have done anything to solve that issue as far as I can see.

Comment

Nothing probably bar diving into a vault of cash like Scrooge McDuck

Comment

It's kind of incredible that we're nine months into the new machines being on the market and you still can't get them easily at all (except Series S).

Comment

I wonder how many people are picking up a seriesS simply because they can't get anything else? We will probably see a glut of them in CEX next year.

Comment

You can pick up a SeriesX now off eBay for 50-80 off retail now, which means the scalper isn’t far off simply breaking even after fees.

PS5 is like rocking horse poop still, never seen one on the shelf for sale, their instantly into scalpers hands. Apparently its a whole racket ring at Game at this point now.

Sony need to sort that out.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 04-08-2021, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                I wonder how many people are picking up a seriesS simply because they can't get anything else? We will probably see a glut of them in CEX next year.
                                I was going to. Then looked at Gamepass and all the stuff I'd play is on PC too so pointless. Awesome value for money if you have no PC though. A £300 model with an optical drive I'd be all over though.

Comment

Working...
                                X