No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System software update tomorrow introducing the SSD expansion and UI customisation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      System software update tomorrow introducing the SSD expansion and UI customisation.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09...ally-tomorrow/
      Thank god for that *gets tools ready for operation SSD expansion*

Comment

Who's gone for what ssd? Whats the most cost effective right now?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Who's gone for what ssd? Whats the most cost effective right now?
          WD black sn850 1 tb is £140 in a lot of places with an after market heat sync being around £10-15, (you need this to keep it in its optimal operating temps) amazed by how many people cant or wont stick their own heat sync on the ssd as its saving you arround £104 as the same drive with a heatsync which is normally a £20 upgrade was selling on amazon for £244 yesterday and is now £304 which is quite frankly crazy as who would pay £164 for a pre installed heat sync.

i mean come on this is hardly rocket science its like lego for grown ups

Last edited by Lebowski; 15-09-2021, 09:18.

Comment

Cheers lebowski that's a decent price, so many on there now tagged with "ps5 internal ssd" search criteria that don't meet the specs its not even funny.

Comment

Just fitted my WD SN850 black 500gb with a Eluteng heat sink. Was a bit over cautious but now I can fly through the procedure. The PS5 asks you to format the ssd drive the moment you switch on the console.
              I have in total now 1.6TB with my Samsung T5 external drive. Not sure how long this will be viable

Nice to see the 3D sound available for your tv speakers now. Simple procedure to set up through the speaker in the duel sense.

Comment

My wife wanted to know about the benefits of putting an STD in the PS5

Comment

The updated sound through the speakers is nice. I wouldn't say it's 3D but it's much wider. I've only got some little desktop speakers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    The updated sound through the speakers is nice. I wouldn't say it's 3D but it's much wider. I've only got some little desktop speakers too.
                    I just enabled this on my soundbar & sub and the effect physically hurt my ears, my partners too, so I turned it off. Odd.

Comment

Isn't it because the 3D audio update is for STEREO TV speakers only?

Comment

I have no idea to be honest it doesn’t say anything to that effect in the set up.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                          Just fitted my WD SN850 black 500gb with a Eluteng heat sink. Was a bit over cautious but now I can fly through the procedure. The PS5 asks you to format the ssd drive the moment you switch on the console.
                          I have in total now 1.6TB with my Samsung T5 external drive. Not sure how long this will be viable

Nice to see the 3D sound available for your tv speakers now. Simple procedure to set up through the speaker in the duel sense.
                          Dont do what i did and install the drive before the update it gives you a warning that their is an unsupported drive plugged in and wont let you continue until you remove it, hardest part of install and fitting a Heatsink was getting the ps5s bloody panels off they required quite a bit of force to get them to move

Been keeping an eye on amazon and them £350 drives from yesterday and they all sold. One supplier had 10+ in stock, the same drive without a heatsink is still £140 and in stock, somebody made an absolute killing on drives yesterday.

Comment

I can see prices creeping up on these parts. I wouldn't be surprised if scalpers now turn their attention to these as well, little b*stards.

Comment

Now ordered my 1tb & heatsink for this very reason as I'm concerned stock shortages will drive scalpers to target them on mass and another silly situation occurring.

Comment

Black pulse headphones incoming.
                                If I didn't already own 3 sets of headphones I'd buy these.

Comment

Working...
                                X