No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m wondering if the plate needs to be there at all? Or is it there to deflect the heat back up for the fan to draw away? Either way thats a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      I’m wondering if the plate needs to be there at all? Or is it there to deflect the heat back up for the fan to draw away? Either way thats a great idea.
      Sony have addressed if the plate needs to be their, it protects the ssd bay from dust and doesn't add extra heat, i was tempted to leave it off thinking it would keep the bay cooler but its safer to have it on apparently.

Comment

Ah ok I didn’t see that in any of the interviews or specs. Good to know.

Comment

I'm probably going to go for 500gb on the basis that I don't tend to keep many games on the SSD anyway and I'm adding more just for a bit of contingency.
          I went the whole PS4 life with only the standard HDD. Plus ps5 has some serious compression so games shouldn't get stupidly huge (I hope).

Comment

Comment

I've heard it's about 10-12 hours. That doesn't bother me much. As long as its a quality 10 hours.

Comment

Would be a fairly typical game length if so, so would be a strange reason to hold off (though 2-3hrs can probably be knocked off as est game lengths are always over inflated)

Comment

You can speed run any game.
                  Resident evil 2 I cleared in about 6 hours first time and I don't regret buying that. Its quality rather than quantity sometimes.
                  On the flip I played Ghost of tsushima for about a week, cleared it and realised I'd only cleared Act 1! It's a little too big that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    I've heard it's about 10-12 hours. That doesn't bother me much. As long as its a quality 10 hours.
                    Since when is 10-12 hours short?

I'd class that as average length for a game unless it's some sprawling RPG or open world title.

I finished The Artful Escape in around 4 hours the other week... That's what I'd call short (and awesome).

Comment

Short is now anything less that 100hrs since thats what “content creators” need in order to keep milking for views. In all seriousness 10-12 hrs is a great length for me, preferably 6hrs of quality content with all the fluff cut out. Games are WAY to long now days.

Says the guy who’s now clocked up 80hrs on Ghost of Tsushima, hmmmmm.

Comment

Generally I find the real life conversion rate to be:

8 Hour Game - Takes 5-6 to complete
                        10-12 Hour Game - Takes 7-8 to complete
                        15 Hour Game - Takes 10 to complete
                        20+ Hour Game - Takes 12-14 to complete
                        100+ Hour Game - Takes 20-25 to complete

Comment

Wow i didn't even know Kena bridge of spirits was out tomorrow, I'm fully expecting 7s across the board then and it getting marked down for not being long enough and ignoring that its a budget game. I can kind of see why they wouldnt be wanting to send out out to slaughter when game length seems to affect review scores in such a negative way. Moss last gen was super short and got marked down for this reason am i glad i picked it up? hell yeah it was an amazing world to explore and i loved every minute of it.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 20-09-2021, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Generally I find the real life conversion rate to be:

8 Hour Game - Takes 5-6 to complete
                            10-12 Hour Game - Takes 7-8 to complete
                            15 Hour Game - Takes 10 to complete
                            20+ Hour Game - Takes 12-14 to complete
                            100+ Hour Game - Takes 20-25 to complete
                            You haven't played Persona 5 Royal, have you?

Comment

Kena getting a physical release in November

Comment

Well that's obviously done on purpose to encourage a double dip.

Comment

Working...
                                X