Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    People still got the new console tingles or has it waned like a new iPhone copying apps and feeling like your last iPhone?
    First launch i’ve been really excited for in a long time.

The ssd & DuelSense combine to make something fresh and new, rather than an iteration. Not to mention probably the strongest launch line up since the og xbox.

Worth the price admission for Astrobot alone.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      I haven't tried any party / sharing stuff but that sounds excellent - but I'm not sure I could tolerate Astro's Playroom while hacking away at Demon's Souls! I was definitely pleased to find a mute button right there on the controller though, that's a really smart change.

In general I'm pretty stoked with the system so far. In total agreement that Astro's Playroom has to be one of, if not the best pack-in game ever - what even is the alternative, thinking about it? The games will come in time, but for now I'm quite happy for the increase in horsepower for PS4 bits, and the few morsels we do have already. Having recently upgraded the home AV setup, things running in 4k @ 60fps look lovely.
      The only other really robust launch pack-ins I can think of are Wii Sports and Nintendoland. It's certainly at least the equal of those.

The mute button on the controller is an excellent touch, yeah.

On the negative side of things, the bugs with rest mode mean I'm just powering the system off fully at all times. Which is fine but not ideal. And the interface does need some work. I think it actually looks terrific, but it's pretty confusing at times. Navigating to the aforementioned screen share feature was not at all intuitive. I hope that's something that's refined with time.

Overall though, I really think Sony have done a great job here.

Comment

Really enjoying your thoughts now you've all had chance to play it.
        Pleased it feels like new generation, not just a small improvement.
        Shame there weren't more brand new titles to launch with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
          Would you recommend getting this while its on sale? Don't suppose you know how it compares to Dirt 5 do you?
          I haven’t played Dirt 5 as I’m more interested in «straight» rallying than the gymkhana/buggy/offroad-stuff. Dirt 4 left me a bit disappointed, even in the rally events.

Afaik the only upgrade for WRC 9 going nextgen contra PS4 is 60fps and the haptic feedback. If I’ve read the reviews correctly the game itself isn’t a major upgrade over WRC 8, but I haven’t had a WRC game in ages and the little I’ve played of WRC 9 seems good fun.

Comment

After spending the best part of 25+ hours playing on the PS5 the weekend i have to say i am absolutley delighted with it. I had some minor issues on Saturday but they seem to have gone away. The PS5 is simply amazing, its so whisper quiet, even after playing for 7-8 hours straight, not a single whirl from the fan. The SSD performance is very impressive, especially when switching from game to game, load times are practically non existant, though AC Valhalla seems to to take slightly longer, possibly due to optimization?

The Dual Sense contoller is very comfy to use, even after many hours of prolonged use, i like the slight increase in size and bulk, it fits my hands just right. For the first time i have actually found a Playsation controller that i find just as comfy, if not more than the Xbox one controller, for me none of the previous Dual Shocks have been quite as nice as the Xbox controllers. The hapics etc are fab, enough has been said on here already but they are just brilliant, im intrigued to see how developers take advantage of them, i so hope they do.

The UI i find is a massive imporvement, its just so nice, so clean and silky smooth moving through it and the Playsation Store is at long last great to use. I found it was always so clunky and slow on previous Playstations, here its super quick and very easy to navigate. I also like having games and media on different tabs. It has taken a little while getting used to how the PS button on the Dual Sense works, it works slightly different from PS4 but im now used to it.

Its still early days but so far it has been such an enjoyable experiance, im so happy with what Sony have delivered with the PS5 and for me personally it has well lived up to the hype i had for it and even gone beyond what i was expecting. For me it is such a massive upgrade from PS4, on so many levels.

Comment

Have to agree with Teddy , Astrobot alone is a system seller for me . I’ve not spent a huge amount of time with it yet due to work but this week I’m gonna get stuck in proper

Comment

Despite getting an order in last Thursday for the next batch of consoles (due sometime early next month) this wasn't communicated, customers thought they where ordering stock that company's had, despite not having stock they charged us straight away, i was pretty happy with mid month it is a whole month after everyone else yeah its annoying but at least its a confirmed order.

But.... the saga continues, Ive just had an email saying my order is delayed, no date no actual timescale just delayed? i give up i really do. I'm bombarded with people scalping these units the odd one that dose show up for a little over retail is gone in seconds heck id happily pay 600 for one just to not have to deal with this anymore but double retail like they are on eBay now not a chance.

Apparently one of the biggest bot buying groups managed to get 3,000 units the average mark up is between £200-300, at the low end of this they have made £600,000!!! its staggering how they where able to get that many units when it was supposedly one per customer.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 23-11-2020, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski;
                  id happily pay 600 for one just to not have to deal with this anymore but double retail like they are on eBay now not a chance.
                  Really?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Really?
                    Really yes, after a week of dealing with games terrible customer service and now getting messed about by another retailer I'm sick of it. Without a shadow of a doubt this has been the worst launch I've ever been involved in, and that's from having per-ordered in September too.

Comment

Wow, they are going for crazy money on eBay. The majority seem to be going for about the £800 mark now, up to as high as about £850.

Things got pretty silly at the 360 launch but I don't remember secondary market prices going as high as double RRP.

EDIT: Series Xs are hitting about £700 too.

Comment

Really?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Have you got > 1 week in a sweepstake?

Comment

Have you got > 1 week in a sweepstake?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Despite getting an order in last Thursday for the next batch of consoles (due sometime early next month) this wasn't communicated, customers thought they where ordering stock that company's had, despite not having stock they charged us straight away, i was pretty happy with mid month it is a whole month after everyone else yeah its annoying but at least its a confirmed order.

But.... the saga continues, Ive just had an email saying my order is delayed, no date no actual timescale just delayed? i give up i really do. I'm bombarded with people scalping these units the odd one that dose show up for a little over retail is gone in seconds heck id happily pay 600 for one just to not have to deal with this anymore but double retail like they are on eBay now not a chance.

Apparently one of the biggest bot buying groups managed to get 3,000 units the average mark up is between £200-300, at the low end of this they have made £600,000!!! its staggering how they where able to get that many units when it was supposedly one per customer.
                              I really don’t understand how they are able to game the system so easily. Are they launching a dos attack at the same time to enable the bots to clean up the stock?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Wow, they are going for crazy money on eBay. The majority seem to be going for about the £800 mark now, up to as high as about £850.

Things got pretty silly at the 360 launch but I don't remember secondary market prices going as high as double RRP.

EDIT: Series Xs are hitting about £700 too.
                                Their are discord groups set up to pretty much game the system they knew stock would be in short supply so have tried to get as many as they can and keep stock out of the marketplace to inflate prices. it seems their are all sorts of tools and guides on offer now, supposed rock solid eCommerce systems like amazons couldn't even keep up. i had a unit bounce out of my basket 3 times and despite being logged in and having payment set up so i could check out in seconds i was unsuccessful

Comment

Working...
                                X