No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine seeing that tweet from MS if you worked on the game. It looks like they're taking it seriously though, they just need a bit of time.

The game itself looks really good. I haven't played a Codemasters rally game since CM2 but I'm quite interested in this.

Comment

Does anyone know how to permanently disable auto update on an individual game? Trying to play Last Guardian in 60fps off the 1.0 version and it constantly try’s to update no mater what i do, turned all auto updates off on the console, both games & system and the game still auto updates when booting up 😪

Comment

I can’t share games across multiple accounts on the PS5 like I could on the PS4, anybody know how to get around this?

My primary account is a US account but I have a UK and Japan account I have bought games on in the past but would rather play them all on my primary account.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          That XboxStudio Twitter account joined in April 2020. It's not verified either. Surely that's a random account not the voice of actual Xbox?

Comment

Sorry, it's the response to that account that is the point. Dev director at Codemasters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              The tweet above saying they'll fix it is great and all, but it doesn't explain this interview from June that seems to say that the Xbox dev tools were easy to work with and transition to.
              Doesn't seem like that was the case.

When it launches this holiday, Xbox Series X will be the most powerful console the world has ever seen. One of the biggest benefits of all that power is giving developers the ability to make games that are Xbox Series X Optimized. This means that they’ve taken full advantage of the unique capabilities of Xbox […]

I'd be starting to feel a bit pissed off if I was an xbox player.
              To be honest I'm not surprised or annoyed by this. I don't own Dirt 5 but all that video proves is that there are some issues with the GDK Microsoft is using that need ironing out and games already released may need a patch.

The interview from June, it's a point in time isn't it... In a development project where you're probably not even close to squashing bugs etc... Particularly on a launch title with new tools.

The tools probably are easy enough to use it's whether they're doing their job correctly is the main issue. Some of the issues DF are highlighting are just plain weird, like that one where it looks like it's taking the wrong profile and using Series S settings on Series X for 1080p120.

The good news is DF is spotting stuff like this and once it's fixed it's fixed. Once the GDK is working right and scalable across all consoles and PC it'll be a non issue.

Comment

Both consoles have their issues at mo, I’m sure they will all get fixed.

Comment

It still seems like an excuse. Sony has none of these problems. Just what was MS doing for the past 2 years of it wasn't making exclusive games or building tools for the launch. It's a poor start for MS.
                  Also, I'm not sure it should be down to DF to find these issues. Who the hell tested this game before it was set for Gold and printed on disks? No one spotted that it looked wrong?
                  Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 22-11-2020, 14:20.

Comment

It's just another example of getting these consoles rushed out in time for this year. I could have waited for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      It still seems like an excuse. Sony has none of these problems. Just what was MS doing for the past 2 years of it wasn't making exclusive games or building tools for the launch. It's a poor start for MS.
                      Also, I'm not sure it should be down to DF to find these issues. Who the hell tested this game before it was set for Gold and printed on disks? No one spotted that it looked wrong?
                      Waiting for the RDNA2 specification to be finalised?

What has Sony been doing for the past two years when they're promoting their TV as being "ready for PS5" and neither the TV or the console is capable of doing VRR or ALLM at launch?

What has Sony been doing with backward compatibility and allowing 120fps support on PS4 titles that they now miss out on rocket league, COD Warzone and SW Squadrons patching to allow the high frame rate modes?

How on earth has Sony not updated God of War to allow 4K60 mode on PS5 when they've made it the number one game in their new PS Plus promotion?

I mean... There are reasons for sure to all the questions being raised, some we will never get answers for. But in a rush to launch things like this happen and there's also that pandemic thing as well. Not saying your points aren't valid but clearly MS has some things to sort out and so does Sony.

The key here is Microsoft brought out all new tools for game development in their new GDK which allows scalability across all target platforms. They chose to do this, you'd assume to make scaled development easier on the developer in the long run... But right now there's obviously some issues to solve in using that environment.

Also with the who the hell tested this comment... I've been in software testing for most of my employed life. You cannot possibly test every permutation and in this instance they tested 1080p120 because their recording hardware can't track 4K120 right now. That's probably a less common output option and I guess that is why it was missed. Case in point, it's so obviously broken in this mode why haven't we heard about it until now? Because no-one noticed it...

Comment

I don't know how game testing is done, but you're telling me no one put a PS5 and a SeriesX side by side in a room and had a look?

Comment

Oh they did that. And said, well that’s disappointing but we can fix it later. That’s how software development works sadly. Deadlines are rarely specified by the developers and as such are invariably too short.

Comment

My biggest disappointment with the PS5 so far is the lack of a 60fps patch for Bloodborne. Hopefully it's something From will address when they have Elden Ring completed. I have a low-firmware PS4 Pro in reserve though just in case that never happens. About the UI - it's the worst UI I've ever seen on a console. It's mind boggling how bad it is, expect Sony to change it drastically in the next 12 months. It's proof to me that Microsoft caught them off guard and the PS5 was clearly not ready for release. That said, Microsoft are dead in the water for me at this point. Non of their exclusive franchises interest me, Halo in particular, it's clear that 343 have no idea what they're doing, and are rudderless, just like Rare. The only thing that would make me buy a new Xbox would be if they got really serious about backwards compatibility and got the vast majority of the Xbox and Xbox 360 catalogue up and running, the Japanese Cave titles in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Oh they did that. And said, well that’s disappointing but we can fix it later. That’s how software development works sadly. Deadlines are rarely specified by the developers and as such are invariably too short.
                              Yep, you'd be shocked how many known bugs ship in software... And we're not even talking about rushed launch titles in a pandemic either.

As for the PS5 and general issues I think the hard crashes and general disc/copy issues are pretty bad but hopefully Sony nips those sharpish. Also not being able to copy PS5 games to an external drive is beyond stupid not to include at launch given the limited SSD space.

All stuff that can and will be fixed of course, but both this systems could have done with a little more time in the oven.

I think from a hardware standpoint both camps have delivered though, so that's promising.

Comment

Been playing WRC 9 for an hour or so today since it’s 50% off in the PS Store. I suck at it, but fun to «feel» the gravel and all the bushes I crash into through the dualsense controller.

Comment

Working...
                                X