Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    So you’d rather them allow anything and it might not work properly?
    Sure, why not? If there's a requirement that a particular game does need a yet unutilised speed, it can be set to only be installable or recommend that it's only installed to the internal drive or secondary drive that matches the internal one. Given Sony can already measure this on the PS5, the check wouldn't be difficult to do and can inform the user when it's installed that the drive is slower than the recommended specification. The game could even put up a big red banner with 144pt font that states this game has been installed on a slow drive, performance may be affected.

Meanwhile people can enjoy utilising more available, larger and cheaper drives without it compromsing their experience, giving the end user more choice.
    Last edited by MartyG; 13-10-2021, 12:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/bl...uepoint-rumor/
      A rumour that Bluepoint have been tasked with remaking Bloodborne and that once it's complete will move on to making Bloodborne 2.

I'm doubtful but if it were true... for me it's a waste of the studio.
      I think so too. As far as I heard they are making their own game next.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Sure, why not? If there's a requirement that a particular game does need a yet unutilised speed, it can be set to only be installable or recommend that it's only installed to the internal drive or secondary drive that matches the internal one. Given Sony can already measure this on the PS5, the check wouldn't be difficult to do and can inform the user when it's installed that the drive is slower than the recommended specification. The game could even put up a big red banner with 144pt font that states this game has been installed on a slow drive, performance may be affected.

Meanwhile people can enjoy utilising more available, larger and cheaper drives without it compromsing their experience, giving the end user more choice.
        Xbox already does this, as in a warning that installing to external is not possible and it has to be installed on the internal drive for speed purposes.

Sony also puts up enough legal disclaimers on their recommended speed requirement to let you know it may not perform as well if you dip below the advised spec.

To me this is just like PC minimum spec guides, where you can choose to ignore them at you're own risk. I realise Sony wants you to experience the game as intended (quite rightly) and therefore the drive speed guide exists, but that doesn't mean every game will be impacted if you went for a cheaper, slower SSD... and as we've seen, even R&C, a game which said it needed that speed actually runs pretty well on lower spec SSD drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/bl...uepoint-rumor/
          A rumour that Bluepoint have been tasked with remaking Bloodborne and that once it's complete will move on to making Bloodborne 2.

I'm doubtful but if it were true... for me it's a waste of the studio.
          We got a Demons Souls remake, which given the time passed warranted the remake, Bloodborne just needs a 60fps patch for the few people that still play it.

Comment

Sony has been allowed to patent spectators paying a fee to remove other players from games

Comment

Sony love a good patent.

Comment

Stocks coming back again and retailers seem aware about how frustrated consumers are getting, Game of all people have said that they have strong measures in place to stop scalpers and although you may get multiple orders on their system it doesn't mean they will deliver them. Their strong measure is probably an address look up checking multiple items are not being delivered to the same address and then canceling any duplicates.

Comment

Lost Judgement's been a bit weird with my system, taking an unusual amount of time to install. Also, should installs not carry on when you put the system into rest mode? It installed enough to start the game, but once I reached a certain point it told me that it needed another 4 hours to finish installing. I stuck the machine into rest mode for the best part of 24 hours from there, only to come back and find the same problem, albeit now asking for 8 hours. It's finally finished now, but I'm not sure if it's a disc error, drive error, or just expected (crap) behaviour.

Comment

Download installs should (I believe) but from the disc doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      Stocks coming back again and retailers seem aware about how frustrated consumers are getting, Game of all people have said that they have strong measures in place to stop scalpers and although you may get multiple orders on their system it doesn't mean they will deliver them. Their strong measure is probably an address look up checking multiple items are not being delivered to the same address and then canceling any duplicates.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-on-sale-today
                      Argos had a load come in yesterday. I actually bought one from my local store but I might be giving it to my nephew as apparently he wants one for Christmas.

Definitely seems to be a few stores getting them in now. Very had some on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Argos had a load come in yesterday. I actually bought one from my local store but I might be giving it to my nephew as apparently he wants one for Christmas.

Definitely seems to be a few stores getting them in now. Very had some on Monday.
                        Nice one. Also sod your nephew.

Comment

Don't worry it won't be for free... It's just they've been trying unsuccessfully to get one and so I might just help matters.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Lost Judgement's been a bit weird with my system, taking an unusual amount of time to install. Also, should installs not carry on when you put the system into rest mode? It installed enough to start the game, but once I reached a certain point it told me that it needed another 4 hours to finish installing. I stuck the machine into rest mode for the best part of 24 hours from there, only to come back and find the same problem, albeit now asking for 8 hours. It's finally finished now, but I'm not sure if it's a disc error, drive error, or just expected (crap) behaviour.
                            Teddy’s right. Downloads will continue in rest mode and auto-install if you’ve enabled the option. The drive turns off in rest mode so it can’t install anything from disc. I used to set my PS4 to auto-sleep after an hour in those situations.

Comment

State of play next Wednesday showing a few 3rd party games.
                              Rumours say:

Final Fantasy XVI

Gotham Knights

Gollum

Tchia

Dark Pictures Anthology

Updates on upcoming third-party games for PS4 and PS5 are in store Wednesday, October 27 starting at 2:00pm PT.

Comment

PlayStation has released an amusingly-timed deep dive into Horizon Forbidden West's new tools and traversal abilities, …

New abilities shown in Horizon II: Forbidden West

Comment

Working...
                                X