No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they pulled it and made it a PS Plus title, the alarm bells were ringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I agree with all that.
      It should have been an SSX/Destruction Derby mashup.
      indeed, something like DD2, a circuit to race on hitting check points to extend your time on the track or not be the last one to complete the lap the classic modes PGR had.

Comment

I actually had fun on Destruction All-Stars. A nice freebie.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          I actually had fun on Destruction All-Stars. A nice freebie.
          I've played a good few hours now and it's really good "headphones on, brain off" entertainment!

They are patching the voice chat off via cards issue so it should be an option in the game menus which will be good. It's not hard to turn off chat but more unwieldy than it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            I've played a good few hours now and it's really good "headphones on, brain off" entertainment!

They are patching the voice chat off via cards issue so it should be an option in the game menus which will be good. It's not hard to turn off chat but more unwieldy than it should be.
            The seems to be strangely lacking music. Specifically in the menus and maybe some in-game. Weird because they have some decent rap music in the Credits section.

I really like how each character have their hero vehicle and breaker. Was hoping for this kind of car ability though...

Comment

New PS5 firmware update last night, addressed the ps4 version installing instead of the ps5 apparently.

Still no fix for the disk drive spinning up every god dam hour no matter what your doing though.

Comment

This website is trash, but it does serve a point that removing multiple assets and high data compression has reduced Controls install size by 40% from the previous generation.
                This is something that was said would happen ages ago.

Comment

Did they put a half decent bluetooth receiver in this one? Both PS4 and Pro have issues on my rack, mainly noticeable on racing games when the steering will suddenly stop responding for a second, and the PS5 would have to go on a lower shelf so would be potentially worse.

Comment

Random question...
                    My dualsense doesn't charge through the USB anymore (not a problem, the Dock works fine).
                    I'm guessing it's not going to receive any firmware updates either now, is this going to be a problem?

Comment

Random question...
                      My dualsense doesn't charge through the USB anymore (not a problem, the Dock works fine).
                      I'm guessing it's not going to receive any firmware updates either now, is this going to be a problem?
                      Tried a different cable? Or using the usb-c port? This seems to be common with the usb ports suddenly not wanting to charge the controller. Try turning the system off completely as well disconnecting the power, sorted mine when my ports did this.

Comment

Celebrated modder Lance McDonald has released his Bloodborne patch that makes the game run at 60 frames per second on P…

The modder who made the 60fps patch for Bloodborne has released it publicly

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Tried a different cable? Or using the usb-c port? This seems to be common with the usb ports suddenly not wanting to charge the controller. Try turning the system off completely as well disconnecting the power, sorted mine when my ports did this.
                          It's definitely not working, I've tried all sorts. I'm loathed to buy another.

Comment

No need to buy another, you are well within warranty - the machine has only been out 2 months!

Annoying though

Comment

It's definitely not working, I've tried all sorts. I'm loathed to buy another.
                              What wakka said. Still got a warranty.

Comment

We've had a lot of fun with Destruction Allstars so far. I was surprised to find we've racked up over 20 hours. It's a real shame that there's no local multiplayer split screen though, as I don't know anyone else with a PS5.
                                Agree on the point about character variety, too many characters with not enough to differentiate themselves. Blue Fang is top tier but I quite like it when you get to end of a Gridfall match and take out 2 of them with Melody for example. In terms of modes I'd go Gridfall, Carnado, Mayhem with Stockpile lagging far behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X