No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pre-ordered Returnal through the Store and the clock counting down implies it’ll be playable from lunchtime today. That can’t be right can it?

Comment

My NIer Automata did this last week , but it was a error , i suspect this will be the same, have not turned my PS5 on today but i will check mine.

Comment

Yeah, looks like it's been set for the wrong 12 o'clock. Guessing the actual unlock time won't be connected to that onscreen display though.

Comment

GDC survey results:

Comment

Which Platform(s) most interest you as a developer?

PC - 58%

PS5 - 44%

Switch - 38%

XSX/S - 30%

VR - 27%

The platform(s) of the current project?

PC - 58%

PS5 - 27%

XSX/S - 24%

Switch - 17%

VR - 10%

The platform(s) of the next project?

PC - 53%

PS5 - 30%

XSX/S - 25%

Switch - 19%

VR - 11%

Comment

I don't know. I mean it's interesting I guess, but we don't know who was asked and how many.

Comment

What if the project is cross platform? It's interesting for what it is, but I don't think you can read too much into it other than PC, Next Gen and Switch are now the main platforms outside of Mobile.

Comment

It seems like what you'd expect. Given PC seems to get most of what's released these days coupling that with Indies it would easily come out on top. PS5 would naturally come second because it's the most popular platform, XSX broadly gets the same content minus as many exclusives which explains the small difference in numbers. Switch gets a lot of ports etc but like always a company either makes money on it or not so would have less working on it.

The most notable figure is VR, higher than I would expect

Comment

I mean switch gets 200 games a day so I thought interest would have been higher than 38%.

Comment

Playstation has market share.
                      Couple it with the info like 50% of Fortnite revenue comes from playstation and its easy to see why its preferred for development. Money to be had.

Comment

don't forget this little beauty coming in August for £32.99

Comment

Both Kena and Ratchet and Clank look like they were made by Dreamworks. Hard to believe its running in real time on a console.

Comment

Returnal is getting some good reviews.

I'm enjoying Nier: Replicant before RE:VIII though so I might pick this up later on.

It sounds like an atmospheric rogue like with some tough combat. Should be pretty popular here I would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                              My NIer Automata did this last week , but it was a error , i suspect this will be the same
                              You're right, it's now counting down to midnight.

Comment

Kena reminds me of Star Fox Adventures.

Comment

Working...
                                X