Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Now, did i delete in the install last week to free up space on my hd, uh oooo 😕
    To quote myself. Yes. Yes i did.

Sigh.

Comment

I bought this again about a month ago hoping a patch would hit the PS5. Time for a replay then

* I put this in the bargain forum that GameByte is selling Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart for £58.86 with code TAKE5OFF. I’ve changed my pre order to them. Hoping they ship the game for launch day.

Metro are reporting that Haptic feedback is going to be implemented for TLOU 2 for the bow and engine motor on the boat. No date for this though.
      Last edited by BIG EDD; 19-05-2021, 21:45.

Comment

You're good to go, Metro's sleeping on that tidbit as ND released the haptics patch a few months ago

Comment

Great to see a developer spending time to include accessibility options like this... You can even change the speed of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            That's still decent... Sony need to get their crap sorted out and get this sort of thing done for all their major games. Hopefully Horizon Zero Dawn gets a similar patch.
            They really don't though as unlike other console makers their not reliant on a last gen games as they actually have stuff coming out this year, The things that matter have been given PS5 boosts, Last of us, Days gone and Ghost of Tsushima, god of war ect... Certain games that are gonna stick around and get new content for some time to come have had native ps5 release, Genshin Impact, Destiny 2, Ect.

Yeah it would be nice to have older games like Bloodborne and Horizon zero dawn running at 60fps but I'm at a point where I've played and finished them games like many others here so wouldn't start Them again just to play them at a higher FPS. so you have to ask is it finacialy viable to go back and rework older titles they where massive sellers too so its not like they would be bringing them to a new audience like a lot of game pass games are doing.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 24-05-2021, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              They really don't though as unlike other console makers their not reliant on a last gen games as they actually have stuff coming out this year, The things that matter have been given PS5 boosts, Last of us, Days gone and Ghost of Tsushima, god of war ect... Certain games that are gonna stick around and get new content for some time to come have had native ps5 release, Genshin Impact, Destiny 2, Ect.

Yeah it would be nice to have older games like Bloodborne and Horizon zero dawn running at 60fps but I'm at a point where I've played and finished them games like many others here so wouldn't start Them again just to play them at a higher FPS. so you have to ask is it finacialy viable to go back and rework older titles they where massive sellers too so its not like they would be bringing them to a new audience like a lot of game pass games are doing.
              I get what you're saying but they're not just selling the console to people who have played these titles before... If they want to shift more PS5 consoles than PS4 they need to sell to people like me who never owned a PS4 and want games like Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn to use the PS5 to its full potential.

I think with Horizon Zero Dawn it's even more important as the sequel is coming out soon and it's one of their biggest titles this year.

Financially it makes more sense when you consider that but maybe it is hard to determine the actual cost as Sony's approach to BC differs greatly to Microsoft and how easy they've made it to improve existing titles through various boosts or code changes.

That's why we've seen titles like SW Squadrons and Rocket League get patched on Series X for 120fps and the PS5 gets passed by. Only here of course it's a Sony first party title so I still hope they go back and sort it out.

Bloodborne I get we can forget it... Which is a shame.

Comment

Purely guesswork but I'd wager the lack of Bloodborne patch will be because FROM isn't involved in it anymore so there's no active team to do the patch unless Sony creates one, I know the fan patch exists but unless Sony nicks that work they'd still need to put people on it and presumably they don't see it as a priority particularly as presumably they don't have any intention of making Bloodborne II.

For Horizon, after the LOU2 patch, I suspect it is coming but Guerilla might have been too busy with the sequel and maintenance/updates on the PC port.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Maybe have a small team on it, but no bother if not. I'm sure Sony are and should be concentrating on the future content that the console is here for.

Comment

The only hope is Sony have copyrighted a "game boost" so there's a slim chance that might give something for older titles where the team is no longer involved.

All eyes on E3 basically.

Comment

Horizon II: Forbidden West will be showcased in this weeks State of Play

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        https://www.techradar.com/news/horiz...-state-of-play
                        Horizon II: Forbidden West will be showcased in this weeks State of Play
                        Cool, I'm up for that.

Edit: I predict a release date that lands around the same time as Halo Infinite
                        And a 60fps patch for HZD.
                        Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 25-05-2021, 14:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Cool, I'm up for that.

Edit: I predict a release date that lands around the same time as Halo Infinite
                          And a 60fps patch for HZD.
                          The old Nintendo Direct trick

"Forbidden west is launching winter 2021, but Today you can play HZD in 4k 60fps with a New patch launching right after this stream"

Comment

I'm excited to see this.
                            I'd say HZD has the best animation I've seen. She must have 10 or 15 different animations just for running on various grounds.

Comment

The old Nintendo Direct trick

"Forbidden west is launching winter 2021, but Today you can play HZD in 4k 60fps with a New patch launching right after this stream"
                              I'm hoping for this....

Comment

Sony has stated:

-It considers Returnal to be a succsssfully launched new IP
                                -The Disc Edition of PS5 will likely break even during June 2021
                                -God Of War: Ragnarok has been omitted from the upcoming lisr of major titles for PS4
                                -PS4 has 45% market share, PS5 is targetting 50%+

Comment

Working...
                                X