Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Woke up. Yep still disappointed. PS4 is holding this back, oh well. Financially i get it, but creatively they absolutely should of dumped last gen long ago.
    I thought it was a nice demo. Anyone know if it's 60fps on PS5? I would hope it at least has a performance mode.

Seems with everything they've added it's Horizon Breath of the West?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      I thought it was a nice demo. Anyone know if it's 60fps on PS5? I would hope it at least has a performance mode.

Seems with everything they've added it's Horizon Breath of the West?
      I read somewhere it was running at 30fps. It looks smooth for 30 so I'm not convinced.

Comment

In just 3 hours the state of play clocked 2.3 million views

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          To be fair, Horizon was the best open third person action game of 2017... *ahem*
          Quoted for truth.

I don't care, Linkos. Come at me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            I read somewhere it was running at 30fps. It looks smooth for 30 so I'm not convinced.
            Yeah that's why I asked, it's very hard to tell from the video

Comment

If you look closely the backgrounds are quite blurry when the camera is turning, play through was very careful not to make quick turns with the camera to show this off, classic rubbish 30fps.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                If you look closely the backgrounds are quite blurry when the camera is turning, play through was very careful not to make quick turns with the camera to show this off, classic rubbish 30fps.
                Yeah you're right I've had a look on the TV now at 4K and it's clear it's 30fps. That's a shame as really this needs to have a 60fps mode even if it's 1440p or whatever upscaled. Hopefully that's targeted for release.

Comment

Hard to say but I guess if you want to demo and show it off you'd go 4k with RT for the eye candy. Let's hope it's got 60fps.
                  Although, Horizon in 30fps is nowhere near as bad as Control in 30fps, that damn close to unplayable.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 60fps mode given this can run on PS4. If any dev is going to showcase a game and it has performance and fidelity modes they're never going to show the performance mode so it's probably fine.

Comment

Bargain at £55

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CraigHutchings.

Comment

Shocked that God of War and GT7 are also cross-gen PS4 / PS5 titles.

Shocked that God of War has been pushed to 2022.

Erm, no, not shocked at all.

Comment

God of War: Ragnarok... mildly surprised. Not so much that it started life as a PS4 project, more that Sony is holding the line that long. Hopefully the extra time is used to ensure the PS5 version makes extensive use of the bells and whistles. Honestly though, never counted it as a 2021 release, we've seen too little and it never made sense it would come out close to Horizon II.

GT7 though, maybe they want more time because the brief snippet we've seen suggested Forza 8 was much more advanced looking and as it's not coming out and the very likely cross-gen Horizon 5 is there's less pressure. Maybe Polyphony are still simply naff at getting a new entry out.

Will be interesting to see what the end of year line up is now beyond Horizon II, at least there's room to believe there'll be one.

Comment

Wow, that's lame. Microsoft really effed up by trying to make a virtue of the cross-gen thing instead of just staying mostly schtum and then revealing it in a passing mention in an article on their blog

They got so much stick for it - and rightly so, it's lame - but Sony have been planning the exact same moves the whole time.

Comment

One key difference - Sony planned cross gen projects, MS planned a cross gen project

Studio Bend are working on a new IP open world title for PS5

Whilst Team Asobi are now working on a franchise aimed at all franchises with global appeal

Come on Astro!!

Comment

Jesus sweet Christmas cakes just dump the poxy last gen hardware already, it’s grossly past its sell by date and is literally holding everything back.

Comment

Working...
                                X