No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just think, 12 months ago everyone was livid that PS5 might not run PS4 games - now everyone can't wait for it to stop

Comment

In the most loose possible sense of 'everyone', sure!

The problem is 'no one' seems to be able to buy a PS5 so it's probably for the best that the PS4 is geting such an extended support.

Comment

Thing is, having seen the PS4 versions of Sackboy and Miles it's starting to get like squeezing a quart into a pint pot (too use a saying my Grandad used too say).

Comment

Im all for PS4 games getting updates for PS5, 60fps yay. Im not ok with PS5 games being held back both on dev time and potential by the ps4 hardware on such a long timeline.

Comment

They were never PS5 games
            They were PS4 games that were getting PS5 upgrades. It’s just that Sony neglected saying that / flat out lied

Comment

That's ****e.
              Its gunna be close to the final years of the PS5s life by the time we actually get some PS5 exclusive games then.
              Why not develop for the ps3 while they're at it. **** it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                That's ****e.
                Its gunna be close to the final years of the PS5s life by the time we actually get some PS5 exclusive games then.
                Why not develop for the ps3 while they're at it. **** it.
                Ratchet & Clank (which is out next week) and Returnal (already released) say "hi"!

It's not like Microsoft are (as I type this) in any better of a position with their next-gen games

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Ratchet & Clank (which is out next week) and Returnal (already released) say "hi"!

It's not like Microsoft are (as I type this) in any better of a position with their next-gen games
                  ... But besides that, what have the romans ever done for us?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

It's not just about Microsoft, though. It's not a zero sum game - MS don't need to be doing something better than Sony are for whatever Sony is doing to be annoying.

At the end of the day, I'm not that bothered. I skipped the Pro/X1X mid-gen, so the jump for me from the PS4 base/One S has felt pretty chunky. But I think most of us would rather see them developing games that do things that wouldn't have been possible on PS4!

Comment

Happy June 2021, would you like to update your PlayStation 3? Today, a new PS3 firmware was pushed out to consoles, bringing the legacy system to official firmware version 4.88. The patch notes listed on the PlayStation website explain that the update merely improves system performance, but...

Funnily enough Sony has released a new release for PS3... albeit firmware.

Comment

GT7 is the one that's annoying me the most thinking about this. It guarantees that GT7 on PS5 will have ps4/ps3 cars with an extra bit of shine put on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          GT7 is the one that's annoying me the most thinking about this. It guarantees that GT7 on PS5 will have ps4/ps3 cars with an extra bit of shine put on them.
                          By the time they have meseed around so long in development they will end up knocking a gt3 port out.

Comment

I'd almost like that just to have a decent intro at the front of the game again

Comment

Team Asobi has formally been announced as a new internal studio with an expanded role within PlayStation Studios and now sports a new logo:

Comment

Sony is committed to doing more on PC, but it won't come at the expense of the console market, Hermen Hulst says.

No surprise but Sony confirms they won't be attempting PC launches alongside console versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X