Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Me N64 is a 64-bit console (sniff), how many is this PS5 thing? I only decide whether or not I get a console in these schoolyard measurements.
    PS5 is 5 bits.

Console
    Pad
    HDMI lead
    Power lead
    USB-C cable

Ithanqverymuch!

Although, technically the side plates are another 2 bits so 7 bits overall?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      PS5 is 5 bits.

Console
      Pad
      HDMI lead
      Power lead
      USB-C cable

Ithanqverymuch!

Although, technically the side plates are another 2 bits so 7 bits overall?
      Haha, sticking with PC Engine then!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Our school only deals in bits. I used to laugh at Megadrive heads when my 8-bit PC Engine that no one had heard of was shifting some serious parallax scrolling on PC Denjin Maybe PS5 is a 1024-bit?

To win a bit argument, always do a Jaguar and add all the bits you can find about your console.

Comment

Death Stranding is coming to the PlayStation 5 in the form of a Director's Cut.Creator Hideo Kojima revealed the news t…

Death Stranding: Director's Cut has been announced for PS5.

Wasn't a game I needed more of to be honest.

Comment

Sony gunning to add an FPS to the PlayStation IP fold maybe?

Comment

Must be an fps from those particular devs

Comment

They were vomiting buzzwords all over the stage.

Comment

Went to tesco, they didn’t get Ratchet in. Que sulking.

Comment

Got my copy from tesco £59. It’s very pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Jesus sweet Christmas cakes just dump the poxy last gen hardware already, it’s grossly past its sell by date and is literally holding everything back.
                      Honestly, it's AAA ambition (or lack of it) which is holding everyone back.

It's like how the new Ratchet & Clank looks fantastic and is probably wonderful, well-deserving of the high review scores... But it is Ratchet & Clank. It's like how none of Ubisoft's open world games have really innovated since... Well kinda since Assassin's Creed 2. GTAV is still probably the best open world environment and that's not even last-gen.

Everyone has gotten "comfortable" in their genres and niches, and because they're using off-the-shelf engines, those have some effect on what they even can do.

Personally I feel the PS4 was exactly the same; I own one now, but, like, take Kingdom Hearts III. It looks gorgeous. But it's essentially just Kingdom Hearts II, but better looking.

No-one's really pushing the boundaries on things like building destruction, or AI. To be honest it's why VR is so exciting because it hasn't become "standardised" yet, and the problems haven't been solved. It's like being back on the Saturn/PS1.

Comment

Ratchet & Clank is probably going too be my GotY for this year.

Stunning to look at and just ridiculous fun to play!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Ratchet & Clank is probably going too be my GotY for this year.

Stunning to look at and just ridiculous fun to play!
                          Good to hear. I like the little Easter eggs they've dropped in there from other titles. Really nice touches there...

Comment

Looks like R&C supports 120fps? Or at least 60fps and reduced latency...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              https://youtu.be/qHSAe4hg5qU

Looks like R&C supports 120fps? Or at least 60fps and reduced latency...
                              Insomniac doing the good works as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Insomniac doing the good works as usual.
                                To get a bit pissy about this (I freely admit it), they actually made the prior R&C 30fps after the earlier ones were 60, AND one of their directors said, in an interview, that this was because no-one cared about higher framerates.

That interview has now been deleted from the internet. I know because I referenced it in a discussion a few years ago, but when I looked for it a while back, it was gone (it was on Kotaku, I think) - google would still find it in search results but it was a 404 on the website. They've clearly tried to bleach that from the internet because it looks like less of a turnabout.

I know this well because I actively refused to buy the original after seeing this statement. When it was 30fps I was just disappointed, but would've bought it... But when I saw this statement, it was like red rag to a bull. It was like I was being told "we don't care about you, specifically, as a customer".

EDIT: Yep, here we go:

Mod : Some posts merged here from Ratchet and Clank thread. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this (it addresses future R&C games) but Mike Acton put up a very interesting blog post on framerate. It'll probably upset people here, but hopefully we're not going to freak out about it...

Forum post where someone links to it on the Insomniac website, but the page on the website is 404. Evidently they changed their minds.

Comment

Working...
                                X