No announcement yet.

Sonic Frontiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency Call Ambulance is great, they had it at Bells arcade in Ingoldmells. It was meant to be getting a Dreamcast port (along with Jambo Safari if I remember right) but it's been nearly 20 years so I think it's probably not happening.

Comment

Never played that, it looks great though. Jambo Safari was bags of fun in the arcade. Such a shame we never got that compilation.

Comment

Sonic 30th Anniversary livestream announced for tomorrow

Comment

... Boy I can't wait to play Sonic CD and Mean Bean Machine on the PS5...

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            We need a decent port of Emergency Call Ambulance a game that is hilariously funny and seems really inappropriate for an arcade game. For those that don't know its crazy taxi but your drving people to the hospital, if you fail you dont get peed of passenger you get dead passengers that say things like "i don't want to die" getting little Timmy to the hospital after his parents flip the car over a truck or helping a police officer who's just been blown up with a bazooka is all part of the fun.
            Little random fact also, Emergency Call Ambulance takes place in the same fictional universe as Virtua Cop.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              The thing is, who cares? We have a million Sonic collections and ways to play Sonic these days. Or is this a collection of the later games? Even then who'd want to play those. Most were awful.
              Well yes "we" do. But does the average person who maybe just has a PS4 or a Switch? Sonic has some sort of name value and tying it to the anniversary should help.

And even though I do have oodles of ways of playing, if the collection is compelling and nicely priced and physical. I will probably buy it again. Because I am stupid.

Comment

What do we reckon the chance that Sonic 3 will be on the collection? It’s my favourite 2D sonic game but the music rights issue seem to be a sticking point for some years now.

Also, if this is true, let’s hope Sega go back and make all the original 4 2D games widescreen, considering Christian has done it on iOS and Android platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
                  Well yes "we" do. But does the average person who maybe just has a PS4 or a Switch? Sonic has some sort of name value and tying it to the anniversary should help.

And even though I do have oodles of ways of playing, if the collection is compelling and nicely priced and physical. I will probably buy it again. Because I am stupid.
                  I love Sonic but really, all those Mega Drive games again? They should do it right and give us all 8bit, all 16bit, both Sonic Adventures, Sonic Colours and the GBA stuff. All with museum extras but we know that's not what will happen.

Comment

Adventure and advance both suck owned adventure on dc & gc and it’s super janky. Advance looks nice but he controls really weird. It’s truly amazing the gap in quality between some sonics I’d love for them just to let Nintendo make a sonic game to see how it would play but sonic in a 3D world is a bit flawed because of how fast he is it causes problems in trying to make anything that isn’t just sonic running on levels that are basically a track.

Seems like there more ****s than hits with poor sonic.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Adventure and advance both suck owned adventure on dc & gc and it’s super janky. Advance looks nice but he controls really weird. It’s truly amazing the gap in quality between some sonics I’d love for them just to let Nintendo make a sonic game to see how it would play but sonic in a 3D world is a bit flawed because of how fast he is it causes problems in trying to make anything that isn’t just sonic running on levels that are basically a track.
                      There is a generation of people for whomSonic Adventure was their childhood, though. Hell, Sonic Heroes was one of the best-selling games on GameCube/PS2/Xbox. For them, Sonic, as a character, is that segment of the series (A, A2, Shadow, Heroes, the Storybook games, Colors, Unleashed) in the same way I think, for many of us, we consider Sonic as synonymous with Sonic 3.

A collection of those titles on Switch would definitely sell, even if it was a bit phoned in.

Comment

Controversially, the only 3D Sonic game I thought was even half-way good was Sonic R and I suspect it probably doesn't hold up (I haven't played it for years).

Possibly even more controversially, I think Sonic & Knuckles is a fairly mediocre game and feels like it's comprised of levels that didn't make the cut for Sonic 3. The music isn't as good either. I appreciate the cartridge lock functionality but I prefer 3 on its own.

I can't think of any other controversial opinions, I think people largely agree that Tails is a bit annoying.

Comment

Sonic's voice actor has been rehired

Comment

Here we go, Sonic fans. The stream is here, and SEGA is ready to show us what they've got. Stay tuned for the full announcement coverage. There will be a musical event for the Sonic series on June 23rd, for the 30th anniversary. Tokyo 2020 Olympics will feature a Sonic costume that your...

Sonic Colors Ultimate confirmed and Sonic Origins is the collection but so far just contains Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles and CD.
                            Loads of other announcements but they're all utterly pointless fluff other than the reveal of a cross gen new game that won't land till sometime in 2022 so the 30th Anniversary is something of a dud.

Comment

GIVE US KNUCKLES CHAOTIX YOU COWARDS!

Sorry.

Comment

This will launch on PCs as well through the Epic Game Store. No word when/if it'll come to other PC digital storefronts.

Comment

Working...
                                X