This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wind Waker Switch ports reportedly set for reveal in September | Eurogamer.net
    If this is true then it feels like BOTW2 is going to see a heavy delay till at least November 2023
    It’s like that episode of Malcolm in the Middle where Francis tries to study but keeps getting distracted:

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wind Waker Switch ports reportedly set for reveal in September | Eurogamer.net
      If this is true then it feels like BOTW2 is going to see a heavy delay till at least November 2023
      I hope this is true. **** Twilight Princess, but bring me Wind Waker!

Comment

Yawn.

I mean, I get it from the viewpoint of having EVERY flagship console Zelda game on the Switch and giving the fans something in the likelihood of BoTW2 being delayed further....but...Yawn.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-09-2022, 05:44.

Comment

It's like they won't consider releasing a new Switch until they've ported absolutely everything over from the WiiU.

2023 - Xenoblade Chronicles X and Paper Mario: Color Splash
          2024 - Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush and Starfox Zero
          2025 - Nintendo Switch 2 with New Super Mario Bros U: Definitive Edition and Mario Kart 8: Ultimate Deluxe

Comment

Don't forget about Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Comment

I don't even know why Twilight Princess continues to get so much love. It's easily the worst 3D Zelda by some distance with a storyline/concept that Okami does better by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                I don't even know why Twilight Princess continues to get so much love. It's easily the worst 3D Zelda by some distance with a storyline/concept that Okami does better by far.
                Funnily enough I couldn't finish TP. It was a total slog to play, and as you say Okami was out at the same time and left it in the dust.

Comment

I've always believed that it's because it was 4 years after its predecessor (Wind Waker) and 6 years after the previous Zelda which didn't have a cartoony style (Majora) - remember, a lot of people really hated Wind Waker, and saw Twilight as finally delivering the game Nintendo teased in the pre-release GameCube teaser.

I often think, with games like this, 4-5 years is a long time, because that's long enough for a kid to go from primary school finishing age to secondary school finishing age. What I guess I mean by that is there's going to be a lot of people who were kids where Twilight Princess is their Zelda, like how Ocarina was mine, even though I'd played some of the earlier ones.

"Your favourite Bond is the one you grew up with".
                  Last edited by Asura; 01-09-2022, 13:37.

Comment

Twilight felt like the closest in terms of trying to recreate Ocarina, even if it missed that mark considerably. Too much of Twilight is bland. Honestly, for all the drubbing it gets Wind Waker is the only 3D entry I fondly regard alongside Ocarina.

Majora's added complexities such out too much fun
                    Twilight is too bland
                    Skyward Sword has too many issues even outside its controls
                    Breath of the Wild... well... it's a reasonable prototype for a Zelda that might live up to the reputation people bestow on BOTW instead

Comment

TP is far from the best but it's far superior to Skyward Sword.

I'm only going to pick these games up if they come in a bundle on one cart. Not going to bother if they are sold separately.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                        I'm only going to pick these games up if they come in a bundle on one cart. Not going to bother if they are sold separately.
                        They are definitely going to be separate, and probably £40 each. Wind Waker was full price when it re-released on the WiiU.

Comment

Yeah 1000% separate.

Comment

TP is far from the best but it's far superior to Skyward Sword.
                            Sorry, don't agree at all.

I know slating Skyward Sword is the fashionable thing but it's infinitely more interesting that TP ever was, the motion controls actually worked (even though being revisionist about it and saying they didn't work is the narrative) and sets the groundwork for a lot of what we see in BoTW (though it'll obviously never get the credit for that).

I totally feel where you're coming from on this, but you know a compilation cart simply isn't going to happen here.

Comment

Yeah, Skyward Sword is great. Semi-open world almost, with large-scale puzzles embedded in the landscape (a bit of a precursor to BOTW), excellent and exciting controls that work, and proper man-size dungeons. Only that repetition of one awful boss takes it down a notch, for me.
                              Last edited by Golgo; 01-09-2022, 20:54.

Comment

A heads up for any project diva players on switch, i was updating games today and project diva had an update i was wondering what on earth it was for. it seems sega snuck out a season 3 of DLC song packs, i thought they had stopped supporting the game as it's been nearly a year easily since they last released any DLC but it seems not, another huge chunk of new songs now available just bought some more jpn eshop points from amazon jp downloading to see what delights are in this lot. Looking at segas tweets there's 70+ new songs and it's 20 gig of data lol good job i upgraded my damn micro sd card recently.

Time to break out the controller again
                                Last edited by importaku; 02-09-2022, 18:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X