Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you've matured to the testosterone pumping levels of the PlayStation and Xbox machines!

Comment

A new subscription model to play the Megadrive and N64 roms that we had on the Wii? **** off.
      Last edited by Golgo; 24-09-2021, 08:14.

Comment

Really miffed that Nintendo are raising the price to access those games. It's ridiculous.

The Nintendo online service is peer to peer. Okay, they run matchmaking servers, but that costs practically nothing. By creating the service, they're essentially charging the user for something that costs them nothing. The videogames they supply are supposed to be the justification for paying, because at least they were making special new versions of those with online play (though even all that is just a smokescreen to try and silence the people who bought a lot of Wii VC games that didn't get carried forward to later machines). We had an implied arrangement; we keep paying a small amount monthly, Nintendo keep adding games on a regular basis.

I think I'm going to unsubscribe.

Comment

The reality is that I don’t ever play the NES or SNES games on the Switch Online thing and, as much as I get a little buzz of excitement seeing the N64 and Megadrive games, I know I wouldn’t play those either. I bought the Switch SNES pad and it’s lovely but I used it once.

Comment

I should be angry at Microsoft and Sony too I guess. I really hate that peer-to-peer gaming has become something companies charge for. The console manufacturers have normalised giving you one of those pairs of cups with a string between them, which works fine with minimal outside maintenance, and are charging people to use it.

Comment

It was one of the beauties of previous gen Nintendo that this didn’t exist. You bought a game and you could play it online. Okay flip side is their account systems and so on have been terrible but they haven’t really improved now with a paid service. Or at least not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Maybe you've matured to the testosterone pumping levels of the PlayStation and Xbox machines!
                No, he just hasn't got Stockholm syndrome.

Comment

Trying not to be a Nelly Negative, but there's nothing in that list for me.

Anyone particularly pumped about anything they announced that I should check out?

Comment

Having just setup emulation for Wii and N64 on my Series S, which works almost flawlessly for every title... This just seems like a worse option unless you absolutely need to play handheld, and even then you have other emulation options.

I appreciate the pricing on switch online this far has been cheap but this isn't a massive value add to go asking for more subscription revenue... They can get stuffed

Comment

In your case Nonny its been less effort to set up emulation on your Xbox for the entire history of Nintendo bar recent consoles, than to sort your actual Nintendo account out and get access to your games, which doesn’t have anywhere near a complete back catalogue.

Lets all just think about that for a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Anyone particularly pumped about anything they announced that I should check out?
                        Curious about the Actraiser remake. That looks good but not £30 good. Nice to see Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3, but I'm not ecstatic. Was pleased to see Disco Elysium confirmed then realized it would run much better (and cheaper) on the upcoming PS4 physical release. The N64 and Megadrive can go and do one. Massive paid expansion for Monster Hunter Rise when I haven't even taken the base game out of the wrapping. Um, what else? Brewster in Animal Crossing get!

Comment

I’ve never played a Kirby game before but I like the look of the new game … looks like a typical Nintendo playground to explore. Also looking forward to Bayonetta 3.

I could have got on board with the N64 element (I will be seduced eventually at having an authentic controller in my hands again) but the game selection did not include Pilotwings. It’s one of my fave N64 games and always seems to get snubbed.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Errrrrr, ok?
                            Well, don't you agree? Aren't games supposed to look better towards the end of a console's life? In my opinion their output peaked in 2017 and it's been downhill since. I'm not just talking about the visuals either.

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Having just setup emulation for Wii and N64 on my Series S, which works almost flawlessly for every title... This just seems like a worse option unless you absolutely need to play handheld, and even then you have other emulation options.
                            Your Xbox emulation is probably leagues ahead in the accuracy stakes. Switch Online emulation is some of the worst I've ever tried and there's absolutely no way anyone should be paying any money for it.

It might be just their video but the N64 clips on that Direct looked even more ropey with dropped frames all over the place. On top of that it's $50 for a Bluetooth controller. Bluetooth. They're probably enjoying a 1000% mark up on those.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Buy Kirby. Complete it over a week with your kids and then trade it back in for a fiver less. Kirby is great.

I'm not buying a new Switch for it, mind.

Comment

Last of Kirby looked good and was at least a surprise. However even in the trailer the game looked to be creaking and dropping frames all over the shop, the hardware is past due for a refresh in the power department.

Comment

Working...
                                X