No announcement yet.

Microsoft Tries to Buy Activision Blizzard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Bobby Kotick recently talked up a potential revival of the instrument games.

Honestly that series doesn't need a revival in my view. I would rather see something new. I think it was already taken to its logical conclusion with the profusion of games and peripherals we got in the late 2000s/early 2010s. It feels very of its time. Also there is absolutely no way on god's green earth I am filling my house with all that kitschy plastic crap again.

I've also got my doubts about how commercially viable it is. The previous GH revival flopped, despite being a well made game that had some meaningful new features and a new look and feel. I personally bought it and traded it in pretty quickly. Just felt like I was retreading something I'd already done years prior.

Comment

Given how MS's whole thing now is GP it feels like Guitar Hero is the most likely to get benched. Unless it's due for release very soon it's not that compatible with their release strategy. I think MS might license Tony Hawks to rerelease the old ones but I don't expect new games on that front either. Blizzard, Call and possibly Crash aside I can imagine for new games most of these IP can now be considered dead.

Comment

My son has been picking up all the older Guitar Hero Games on PS2/3, The Problem we have is the only game that works on modern consoles is Gutair Hero live. GH LIVE is a shell of a game as one of its main modes was a ever changing jukebox where you could play along to music videos. that feature has since been retired as it was all hosted on external servers. Your left with a set of songs which is one of the lowest number included in a GH Game and one of the weakest.

A basic HD remaster of some of the older games with updates to make all older controllers work on modern consoles would be all that's needed a Greatest hits collection sort of thing, Theirs thousands of these plastic instruments floating about so they could have it so that the game works with them and launch a new controller too as a standalone thing. I'd imagine the biggest issue would be licensing all the songs again.

Comment

Working...
        X