X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection [Steam/Switch/PS/Xb]

Coming "2022", this collection includes:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of The Foot Clan (Game Boy)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)

For $40 MSRP; with any luck that'll be £30 but maybe higher.

Really impressive selection. There are at least 5 games there that were a big part of my childhood so I'll definitely be picking up this one.

Here for TMNT and Turtles In Time coin-ops, even if [MENTION=2587]samanosuke[/MENTION] isn't!

Will be very interesting, to say the least, if this compilation clashes with DotEmu's release of TMNT: Shredder's Revenge.

Comment

I suspect to see gaming YouTube all over this. Americans nerds love TMNT (in my experience, anyway) and I'm sure an enterprising YouTuber can get an hour of content out of "hey, did you know some SNES/Megadrive games were really different despite being kinda the same-"

Comment

This is an instant buy, I really hope we get a physical version in the UK. Ecru now and then I fire up the original arcade game on MAME, would be nice to play it on the Switch.

Comment

I’m so excited to see this coming… I’ve had the pleasure of playing a few of these back in the day and to have them all available again in one place for a reasonable price, has be all excited with that rose tinted feeling again…

Hopefully these will be faithful reproductions with both local and online play and (most important for me) a physical release

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
            This is an instant buy, I really hope we get a physical version in the UK. Ecru now and then I fire up the original arcade game on MAME, would be nice to play it on the Switch.
            NIntendo Life are reporting that there will be a physical version.

They're also reporting that there will be multiple regional versions of each game available (apart from TMNT coin-op and NES Turtles Tournament Fighters, because they never got a JPN version).

On top of that, online play will be available for TMNT coin-op, Turtles In Time coin-op, Hyperstone Heist and SNES Turtles Tournament Fighters.

Day One purchase for me, and I don't give a sh1t if MiSTer supposedly makes these easier to play!

Comment

I don't know if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that the Mode 7 levels in the SNES version of Turtles In Time are property of Nintendo, and I haven't seen them in the trailer.
              Probably I first read this when Reshelled came out, and due to that they had to remake the arcade version.

Is this true?

Comment

Woah that looks Turtley* awesome!

*Copyright 1989

Comment

I must admit, having had a moment to let this sink in, I kind of want the recent re-imagining of the Turtles in Time game to be included in this one, to really capture the variations of the game.

This really has come out of the blue for me, as you’d think they would have done something similar a long time ago… Still great news though. I think the turtles universe has developed into a marvel like status, in past years, given how many times the series has been reworked over and over again…

Testament of how well thought out it is in terms of lore and depth.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                    I must admit, having had a moment to let this sink in, I kind of want the recent re-imagining of the Turtles in Time game to be included in this one, to really capture the variations of the game.

This really has come out of the blue for me, as you’d think they would have done something similar a long time ago… Still great news though. I think the turtles universe has developed into a marvel like status, in past years, given how many times the series has been reworked over and over again…

Testament of how well thought out it is in terms of lore and depth.

If you're talking about 2009's Turtles In Time Re-Shelled, that's an Ubisoft game....and it was garbage.

Konami looked like they'd given up on gaming in general the TMNT IP for so long, so this is definitely a surprise.

Comment

Wow, what a collection. Will definitely pick this up.

Comment

needs the 8bit computer turtle games, surely they can fit 20-40kb in there

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          needs the 8bit computer turtle games, surely they can fit 20-40kb in there
                          Aren't they the same as the NES game?

I ask that because I know the Amiga version was essentially the same (though probably a lot worse).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Aren't they the same as the NES game?

I ask that because I know the Amiga version was essentially the same (though probably a lot worse).
                            Correct.

Comment

I remember playing the Amiga version at a mate's house.
                              My Turtle was in the sewers and I walked out, up a ladder.
                              *4 disk changes later*
                              The street level loaded and I pressed right and went back down the sewer.

We couldn't face the disk swapping again, so that is the end of my time with TMHT on the Amiga. The End.

Comment

Working...
                              X