Nintendo Switch: Thread 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    That's utterly ridiculous. It almost looks like the 15 year Bitcoin chart. Even the Wii & DS years are dwarfed by the Switch.
    Never mind the Touch! Generations era, Nintendo's original 8 and 16-bit golden-age (NES-GB-SNES-GBC) has been obliterated by the Switch. It's truly mind-bending.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-05-2024, 13:19.

Comment

Comment

I find it quite fascinating that one of their lot predicted the successor to the WiiU (before we even knew the Switch name) would eventually end up at 130M lifetime units sold. My memory might be a bit cloudy, I just remember most of us going "yeah, right".

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I find it quite fascinating that one of their lot predicted the successor to the WiiU (before we even knew the Switch name) would eventually end up at 130M lifetime units sold. My memory might be a bit cloudy, I just remember most of us going "yeah, right".
          For sure. Many were predicting that Nintendo were done as far as home consoles were concerned.

I figured that they could rebound and at least get back to what they've traditionally done in the past (make a comfortable profit without necessarily shifting loads of units) but the Switch just exploded.

Tbh, trying to predict Nintendo hardware success is a mindf--k process in any case. Every home console they ever made between the NES/Famicom and the GC sold less and less. It was the Wii that blew that trend out of the water by being their first ever blockbuster success and then the WiiU was the polar opposite of that.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-05-2024, 14:39.

Comment

Special edition of Nintendo world championships up on amazon japan. No idea how long before scalpers grab them but it’s still up at 12pm

Comment

Nintendo Switch owners will no longer be able to upload images and videos directly to social media platform X, formerly…

Comment

Good, it’s a cesspool kids shouldn’t have access too anyway.

Comment

https://www.polygon.com/23692583/mic...k-pricing-xbox

https://variety.com/2023/digital/new...ss-1235782429/

Comment

Absolute gold!

Comment

Pretty much all mobile games have cut login and share via Twitter ever since Musk took over. Let's see who's the first to add Blue Sky support.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        Pretty much all mobile games have cut login and share via Twitter ever since Musk took over. Let's see who's the first to add Blue Sky support.
                        Please, God. I really hope not.

Don't really want to see gaming platforms provide support for new social media made by the man who enabled the old social media he created to be put into a position to be taken over by an Elon Musk.

​​​

Comment

This is probably steering the ship further off course at this point, but for what it's worth, Jack Dorsey's left Bluesky specifically because he was mad about the management team listening to users and implementing content moderation. Not that it isn't doomed to eventual en****tification or that I'm a particularly big fan, but it has at least dodged one bullet.
                          Last edited by fuse; 10-05-2024, 09:19.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            This is probably steering the ship further off course at this point, but for what it's worth, Jack Dorsey's left Bluesky specifically because he was mad about the management team listening to users and implementing content moderation. Not that it isn't doomed to eventual en****tification or that I'm a particularly big fan, but it has at least dodged one bullet.
                            Dorsey used this exact same playbook when he was at Twitter.

​​​​​Sorry, I don't believe or trust him and anybody who does after everything that has happened thus far simply hasn't been paying attention.

He is every bit as bad as Musk.

Comment

Ohh, I’ve not heard of this game before but it looks beautiful and really impressive. https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews...op/animal-well

Comment

Working...
                              X