Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daytona USA, Jet Set Radio and more being delsited from Xbox 360 store on 7th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytona USA, Jet Set Radio and more being delsited from Xbox 360 store on 7th Feb

Worldwide it's about 150+ games in all regions are getting the chop in the UK it's around 40, but it includes classic like Daytona USA and Jet Set Radio from SEGA. So if you don't own them you have until Tuesday 7th of Feb to buy them. Expect some of them to also be delisted in the PlayStation 3 store as well soon after if not at the same time.

DLC is also being delisted for games, Skate 2 is an example on one title not on the Xbox One to buy and there is no retail version with the DLC. Eets Chowdown is another game not available on any other format and has DLC

Many are exclusive to Xbox 360 store and can't be purchased in the Xbox One store, (Some have been delisted already it looks like from the Xbox One store.) many also work on the Xbox One and Xbox Series X.

Official website lists the games in each country so do check where you live: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/...etplace-update

Word of warning, the Xbox 360 website store is very hit and miss to buy from and I found it, best to buy directly from the in console store.

Digital only games I recommend people grab before they go, you can still download trials, before buying:

Blood of the Werewolf
    Cloning Clyde
    Counter-Strike: GO
    DAYTONA USA
    Defense Grid
    Eets: Chowdown
    Final Fight: Double Impact (Exclusive remastered msuic)
    Iron Brigade
    Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
    Mutant Blobs Attack
    N+
    Outpost Kaloki X
    Phantom Breaker:Battle Grounds
    Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.

Video on the subject:

Good old digital de listings. Sigh.

Comment

I understand the business reasosn for this but as a lifelong gamer and someone who does fully embrace digital, this feels so harmfull.

Steam once again shows how a digital storefront should be run (Despite not being perfect itself) and stunts like this really leave such a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, if you own it, it's yours and you can re-download but it does upset you in that the Publisher / Platform Holder just decidedes to pull them. And at that point, you wonder how long the original file will remain running?

Own a CD? As long as it doesn't return to sand, all is well. Got a ROM? You can play it anywhere you like!

Are you an honest person and want to buy digital games on a console? Well, good luck, they may not be around for as long as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
        Steam once again shows how a digital storefront should be run
        Steam is not immune to delistings, plenty of games have come and gone over the years for many reasons, including loss of licencing rights.

Comment

It's a shame but it is unfortunately the business...

In brighter news Xenia, the Xbox emulator is now released as a UWP so can be run on the Series consoles and I hear there's an update coming to give it better support and reduce crashes.

Nature finds a way it seems.

Comment

Even games like Crossfire show that the age of redownloading delisted games will come to an end also, especially with the ever increasing number of utterly unnecessary online only SP games

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              Steam is not immune to delistings, plenty of games have come and gone over the years for many reasons, including loss of licencing rights.
              That’s fair, totally forgot about Outrun 2 etc.

Comment

That’s fair, totally forgot about Outrun 2 etc.
                Outrun2 still annoys me to this day there are no avenues left other than physical to play this game, well there are roms, but no official digital ways for new players to experience it.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-02-2023, 19:26.

Comment

OutRun 2 is the only one I'm missing really. An ISO of the JP PS2 version more than makes up for that.

Isn't it possible to slap some custom firmware on the 360 in order to rip all of these delistings? I did that easily enough on my Wii and 3DS.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    OutRun 2 is the only one I'm missing really. An ISO of the JP PS2 version more than makes up for that.

Isn't it possible to slap some custom firmware on the 360 in order to rip all of these delistings? I did that easily enough on my Wii and 3DS.
                    You'd need to crack it open and do some soldering to modify the NAND. These file are out there so that would be an easier way to obtain them.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      But if you purchase the game you can continue to play it right after it's delisted? I contemplated getting out the 360 to get at least Daytona but then couldn't be asked to jump through all the hoops, including clearing all the crap that's on top of the 360 box in my wardrobe.

Comment

In most cases, yes, on all platforms. There are a couple of exceptions that come to mind though, where the rightholders removed them completely, but those were licenced games based on movies and similar.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                          But if you purchase the game you can continue to play it right after it's delisted? I contemplated getting out the 360 to get at least Daytona but then couldn't be asked to jump through all the hoops, including clearing all the crap that's on top of the 360 box in my wardrobe.
                          In the olden days I’d just log in to the website and buy the game before it was delisted, then download it months later from the console dash.

The only one I missed is OutRun2. It’s really annoying.

Comment

Outrun Online Arcade wasn't that good anyway. It only contains the SP stages and is missing loads of other content from Coast2Coast. You're better off emulating the PS2 version if you want HD Outrun 2 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Outrun Online Arcade wasn't that good anyway. It only contains the SP stages and is missing loads of other content from Coast2Coast. You're better off emulating the PS2 version if you want HD Outrun 2 imo.
                              You still have the full arcade game though (minus a few cars/tunes from memory), for me that's pretty much all I want! They also upgraded all of the menus, status panels etc. With the PC (and I guess the PS2 emulated version) you get hires polygons with low-res assets which isn't a look I'm that keen on.

Steam once again shows how a digital storefront should be run (Despite not being perfect itself) and stunts like this really leave such a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, if you own it, it's yours and you can re-download but it does upset you in that the Publisher / Platform Holder just decidedes to pull them. And at that point, you wonder how long the original file will remain running?
                              The problem with Steam is that they continue to list games that no longer work correctly. I tried to play JSR from Steam recently and after playing through several levels, I realised it wasn't saving my progress. Looking through the forums, I did eventually find link to a patched version, so all is good, but it's possible that in the future other bugs will creep in. I think SP52 has the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X