Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daytona USA, Jet Set Radio and more being delsited from Xbox 360 store on 7th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
    You still have the full arcade game though (minus a few cars/tunes from memory), for me that's pretty much all I want! They also upgraded all of the menus, status panels etc. With the PC (and I guess the PS2 emulated version) you get hires polygons with low-res assets which isn't a look I'm that keen on.
    I forgot the game was on PC, too. A hooky copy of that is a good option too for anyone looking to acquire the game today.

Yeah, it's not ideal that the HUD and interface are low res, but I'm willing to accept that over the absence of 50% of the total stages in the game.

Comment

Reading all of this puts into focus that the work emulators, modders and that community put into their work is so important.

Even people who favour physical experiences are now hitting the ceiling of electronics shelf life with SNES cart ports no longer accepting cartridges, Saturn CD Drives stopping, CD’s no longer working etc.

Essentially, as long as we have open source computing and a passionate group of people doing great work, we’ll always be able to play games.

Comment

It’s all good for OutRun2 under our roof anyways. Got the JP PS2 ISO from the HDD going into the PVMs whenever I need a fix.

Comment

Working...
        X