Mortal Kombat 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    Maybe I'm getting old but the more realistic the gore gets in these the less I find them appealing...
    Same. I find myself really uncomfortable with some of the gore. It’s not so much the gore itself (as in the presence of blood and guts etc) but the way it revels in incredibly horrible and very deliberate acts. Some of them are really twisted.

But I must say that, generally, the last ones I played (the one from 2011 and then 11) have been a lot of fun. I do enjoy the world and the lore stuff.

Comment

I played the last one that was on PS+ in the last year and that was alright.
      I felt like I was scratching the surface as it's a bloody complex game.
      I don't think I even did a fatality.
      Couldn't you buy them with real money? Like you could buy Fatality tokens?

It's funny about the violence because we're nostalgic for those early iterations where you'd pull a spine out of an obviously digitised enemy, but these newer games seem to have no limits and some of them are just nasty.

Some stupid moves too. I think one character's special, wheels on an anti-aircraft cannon, shoots them from about a metre away and they continue fighting. Whut?

Comment

Via @randombs

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Same. I find myself really uncomfortable with some of the gore. It’s not so much the gore itself (as in the presence of blood and guts etc) but the way it revels in incredibly horrible and very deliberate acts. Some of them are really twisted
          They toned them down in recent years, around the time they said they weren't doing skimpy outfits for the female fighters anymore. I seem to recall...

CONTENT WARNING: Body Horror

... people had complained about a fatality for Kung Lao, which was seen as particularly egreigious for the female fighters - where he kicked the enemy fighter onto their back, spun up the razor disc of his hat, shoved it into their 'cleft' in their groin, then basically pushed it through their body from that point.

People said it had gone too far, and they removed it, and said they were toning the fatalities down... A bit. I mean they still tear people to bits. But like with everything, there's violent and there's repulsive.

Comment

Broski very much nailed how I feel about later MK games. Even just this new trailer made me feel uncomfortable. I know there’s a lot of people saying “yeah don’t worry, you get used to it” and I don’t think that is the kind of thing that’s going to change my opinion on the subject.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I could not believe how bad the Switch port is ...I mean i know cutbacks had to be made but its looks just so bad even Mk9 looks better in many ways

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    If in doubt, chuck a hot chick in the game, go go 90’s marketing!!

Comment

Working...
                    X