Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter proving its total worth again I see /sarcasm

Comment

Saw this earlier; pretty sure that picture of the main character is edited. She doesn't actually look like that.

It's a really weird take when Stellar Blade is just about to come out.

Comment

£70 for the base game, that doesn't even include all the missions in the game, making sure they lock fan fave characters to the season pass.

£35 extra for stripped out content pretending to be a Season pass, making the game £105.

OR an extra £15 to play it three days early in the £119.99 version.

It's crazy that to get the full game here you need the season pass and to play it at launch you now need the most expensive version, It's not even like their saying this is extra content that their working on after the game's gone gold as there is a mission that's locked to the season pass from day one.

Last edited by Lebowski; 15-04-2024, 15:54.

Comment

I boycotted ubisoft a long time ago. It was always going this way. Also the game trailer looks garbage. There's one bit where the main character talks and she looks like a team America puppet . I'm not their target audience mind.

Comment

Wait for Day Sixty Edition, that special Ubisoft edition that always emerges where the price craters by more than 50%.

Comment

I don't think it looks that great to be honest. There's parts of it that feel a little janky, as Brad mentions the animation, in particular the lip sync looks off.

Not that any of that is a deal breaker if you want a Star Wars solo experience but knowing Ubisoft they'll ruin this one and looking at the whole Jabba mission stuff they're pulling it's already clear they haven't learned a thing.

I'll pass and pick it up when it's bargain basement level prices.

Comment

Ah I see the situation has much improved then with this? (That was sarcasm)

Comment

As is usually the case, Ubisofts initial reveal was very slick and I imagine sparked imaginations well enough. The subsequent showings feel like they are the usual case where the downgrading sets in, it looks nice but not as slick as it felt it did at first sight. Then there's its greater reliance on shooting which has never been a hallmark of Ubisoft games. It's a tad surprising there's been as much excitement this long for it was well given the Fallen Jedi games scratch a close enough itch.

Comment

As I said before, the Fallen Jedi games are not open world - they are corridor shooters, they are not the same thing other than that they are set in the Star Wars universe.

The pricings look exactly the same to me as any other AAA game tbh, in other words, no one should be daft enough to pay full price for them, and as usually they'll be discounted after a couple of months (or on CDKeys for 30% discount before launch), so buy it then after the reviews.

Comment

I wouldn't want a Star Wars game that was more open than the small hubs the FJ games have. Given the Galaxy wide scale Star Wars takes place in the idea of an open world Ubisoft Star Wars game should be as much of a red flag as anything. People will expect some sort of sprawling epic but are more likely to get Endor: The Game

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        The pricings look exactly the same to me as any other AAA game tbh,
                        Looking at the PlayStation 5 store for reference, there are no single player games at the moment asking you to put down £120 for a Digital ultimate edition of their game.

Stella Blade digital deluxe is £79:99 not £120
                        Dragons dogma 2 Digital deluxe edition £69:99 not £120
                        Rise of the Ronin Digital deluxe edition £69:99 not £120

Theirs lots of overpriced "Ultimate" versions of games but they're pretty easy to ignore as most are just cosmetic stuff, to say £120 is the norm is making excuses for Ubisoft trying to push the upper limits of what they can charge. They did a similar thing with skull and bones locking early access and 2 exclusive day one missions behind the £100 version of their game.

Comment

the sooner ubisoft go out of business the better.

Comment

If you want the ultimate edition of Train Sim you're looking at well over £1000s - if you want the ultimate edition of Pinball FX, you're looking at several £100s.

Ubisoft can charge whatever they like - they're a business, they're going to do business things as the line must go up - just don't buy it until it's discounted or at all - I can't remember the last time I paid full price for any game - if I don't agree with the price, I simply don't buy it - they drop in price in a matter of weeks (you can get Skull and Bones for less that £30 now - I wouldn't, it's hot garbage).

Vast majority of the stuff in these ultimate editions is trash cosmestics anyway, I don't know why people bother with it, and buying stuff that's nothing more than future promises instantly gets my middle finger.

'member when people claimed digital distribution would make games cheaper? Oh how I laughed at the time.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 16-04-2024, 11:14.

Comment

This weird outlier Steam stuff isn't the same as Ubisoft trying to charge £120 for a mass market single player Star Wars game. The high cost of train world is because it's a niche product made for a small community of whales who are happy to pay a premium for it, If the hobbyist market for this wasn't there it wouldn't get made. Pinball FX costs a lot of money to own it all as it's got hundreds of different licenced properties in it that they have to pay a fee for, You're not meant to own every table in pinball FX (though I'm sure some people do), it's more like their trying to build a pinball library where you can log in and buy your fave tables.

This tactic that Ubisoft is trying with Star Wars is to inflate and maximise the amount of money it can get out of a traditional single player game, holding back content and gating is their excuse for the premium cost, despite it being massively inflated over other games that you would consider its contemporaries.

It's not often a company gets this sort of backlash where the news cycle surrounding its release is to clarify what you do and don't get in the base game day one, and journalists are calling them out on the extortionate priced versions of its game.

Last edited by Lebowski; 16-04-2024, 13:00.

Comment

I ALWAYS now wait for Ubi's ultimate editions before I play ; they inevitably end up here in Oz around 50 bucks with all bonus crap, all dlcs etc. At least I know I'm getting the full game even if I don't play all of the DLC.

My next Ubi games most likely will be Valhalla and then Watch Dogs Legions - I'll probably get around to this one in 2026

ps unless there is a PROPER Ghost Recon or R6 game - then that **** is day 1 baby

Comment

Working...
                                X