No announcement yet.

Xbox Series S/X: Thread 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point he's either a major BSer who is pretty shameless and so people need to stop leaning into the idea good stuff comes from him or... He's officially not in charge anymore and they are holding off announcing it

Comment

Each of the closure announcements on Twitter are using the exact same design template. It's like someone at MS knocked them up and then passed them out to get posted.

Comment

Yes

Comment

The closures are just the start apparently as rumours are snowballing that more and more studio cuts are on the way in a sweeping cost napalming of Xbox as a division.

Comment

It’s mad to think how bloody brilliant the Xbox was and for that to be followed up by the Xbox 360 which remains one of my favourite consoles, to the Xbox brand to be left in this state…

They have a **** load of old studios full of great IP & don’t have a clue how to run any of it. If they balls it up further & do eventually pull out, it could be treated as the worse case of Dev & IP management this side of EA in the 1990’s.

Comment

Microsoft is sending out severance agreements to some Zenimax staff and has warned other studios that more cuts are on the way.

Report that Microsoft is now debating whether Call of Duty should appear on Game Pass, is contemplating releasing Hellblade II on PS5 and is said to be considering raising Game Pass subscription prices again

Comment

Rumours are that core Xbox studios are next for cutbacks.

The Intiative - Double Fine - Rare - Turn 10

That's my guess, a mixture of layoffs and full studio closures

Comment

This sounds more and more like parent Microsoft stepping in and making decisions on behalf of the subsidiary Xbox brand.

It's so tone deaf that it's hard to imagine it's coming direct from Xbox executive themselves and more that they've been told what needs to happen to be accountable for that massive merger investment.

I say that because you listen to all the interviews from only a year or so ago and they don't marry up to this situation. Something has happened politically internally to trigger these events.

It also feels like whoever decided these studios close probably thinks the business model is like other software delivery, which is obviously isn't.

That and Matt Booty seems to be totally out of his depth. The reasons he's been giving just simply don't marry up to the customer perception.

Personally I feel they've grown too fast and cannot manage what they now have in the current market climate. They've left some massive projects to run in isolation and get nowhere (perfect dark).

It's an absolute mess for sure, and I'm not sure how they explain it to the customer base. I feel a management restructure looming...

Comment

They have continued to squander money in the wrong places such as Bethesda and now they’re so far in the red with Activision that Xbox will NEVER repay those profits spent on just that 1 entity.

All vanity projects that are utter failures to look good on some executives CV.

Theres no foundations at Xbox, no corner stones to build on, it’s an absolute mess of a company with no focus, drive or direction.

Comment

I'd argue the game pass model is failing, they said HI-FI rush was

Originally posted by xbox
                      A breakout hit for us and our players in all key measurements and expectations.
                      If it had been a success and made them money then they wouldn't of shut them down, It's pretty ****ty to send a game out have it be a success on game pass then shut the company down because on paper it didn't make its money back. If this had been on Steam, PS5 Switch and xbox, I've no doubt it would have done massively well, and we wouldn't be in a position where Nadella is looking at the numbers and making cuts based on cost and returns.

Comment

Remember the 360 launch with J Allard at the helm? That was a magical time and exciting to be a gamer.

That Mattrick guy was a real mistake, defending all the anti-consumer features of the One ("play a 360 if you want 360 games" etc.) and just oozed suit vibes.

The making of the Xbox: How Microsoft unleashed a video game revolution (part 1)

Comment

Matt Booty is now saying they want more smaller games like Hi-Fi Rush, two days after closing the studio that made it, even though yesterday the excuse for shutting these studios down was due to shifting focus to bigger blockbuster titles.

Their blatant contradictory damage control is like nothing I’ve ever seen.

Comment

Time for Sega to get back into the console game. It's House of the Return from the Dead time!

Comment

This is the sort of protest i can get behind funny and shows how annoyed people are with Microsoft

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              Time for Sega to get back into the console game. It's House of the Return from the Dead time!
                              The House has returned from the dead and this time it's personal!!!!
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 09-05-2024, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Remember the 360 launch with J Allard at the helm? That was a magical time and exciting to be a gamer.
                                I remember it clearly. It was… pretty dim for me. I tried forcing myself to like Perfect Dark Zero but it was an outright sickener, truth be told. After playing Halo 2 obsessively for pretty much the entirety of 2005 (a game which I don’t even praise for it’s base game play/control mechanics) PDZ’s online features felt extremely stale.

I got Ridge Racer 6 on import which made up for things somewhat, however what eventually happened is I installed a FFXI beta, became addicted, and didn’t play anything else other than Dead Rising for two full years.

Comment

Working...
                                X