Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neon has very eloquently summarised all that for us in picture form 😂

Comment

That’s some dedication on neons part lol, inventive use of gifs to say it for you. I fully approve.

Comment

Comment

She may as well of poofed into a snake and slithered through a tub of lube with that answer, what a career in politics she's got ahead of her.

Comment

I don't want to go down the Kathleen Kennedy hating fanboy type route but the last 6-9 months feels like the most we've seen of Bond and she never comes across well. There's a definite air about her of being a typical Exec person who very much doesn't understand the market she's trying to navigate Xbox through and see's everything through the lense of traditional 'business'. It may be wide off the mark but it may contribute some reasoning as to why the handling of Xbox has taken a stark turn for the worse since she took the helm in October and why she's so poor and handling these PR crisis scenarios Xbox keeps wandering into.

That clip highlights that air. She's asked a question about this weeks major PR disaster and not only does she have no answer for it but she actively looks exasperated at having to answer it. There's a staggering level of disengenious energy as she mutters the words 'one of the things I love...'

Business economics. That's the reason they made the call and she can't square knowing that with delivering a satisfying answer even if it's a lie, because she genuinely doesn't understand the reason people are kicking off.

See you here for June's Xbox PR Nightmare installment
            Last edited by Neon Ignition; 10-05-2024, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              She may as well of poofed into a snake and slithered through a tub of lube with that answer, what a career in politics she's got ahead of her.
              Whatever you do, under no circumstances should you attempt to share your opinion or answer the question correctly.

She looked very uncomfortable in that interview. Clearly there are major differences of opinion running through the MS/XB leadership ranks... which is just what you need at a time like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                I don't want to go down the Kathleen Kennedy hating fanboy type route but the last 6-9 months feels like the most we've seen of Bond and she never comes across well. There's a definite air about her of being a typical Exec person who very much doesn't understand the market she's trying to navigate Xbox through and see's everything through the lense of traditional 'business'. It may be wide off the mark but it may contribute some reasoning as to why the handling of Xbox has taken a stark turn for the worse since she took the helm in October and why she's so poor and handling these PR crisis scenarios Xbox keeps wandering into.

That clip highlights that air. She's asked a question about this weeks major PR disaster and not only does she have no answer for it but she actively looks exasperated at having to answer it. There's a staggering level of disengenious energy as she mutters the words 'one of the things I love...'

Business economics. That's the reason they made the call and she can't square knowing that with delivering a satisfying answer even if it's a lie, because she genuinely doesn't understand the reason people are kicking off.

See you here for June's Xbox PR Nightmare installment
                I'd really appreciate it if one of them just said "look the entire top end of the industry is screwed... no-one can make enough money to sustain and triple development / GaaS are high risk ventures we can't rely on"...

I know this month its Xbox (again) but seriously it seems like every month someone is getting shutdown or shedding staff regardless of previous titles. I didn't even realise that the Rollerdome devs (sorry forget the name) had closed down.

The whole industry is just ******ed at the moment.

Comment

Rumbles that Perfect Dark will appear at the June showcase and that the next round of studio cuts will be around July which would mean the showcase could prove a good indicator of where the axe is set to fall next

Comment

I actually think this showcase will be great. It's a pity it'll be book ended by all this restructuring.

I don't really care about Perfect Dark, never have, but really want to see what the Coalition has been up to and id Software as well. If both of them are in attendance then it'll be great.

Comment

After DOOM I could trust iD to make a decent attempt at a new Perfect Dark. That kind of business decision would have made some sense though.

Comment

This is a great read I too played Redfall single player and on my own and just enjoyed exploring and unlocking the map. I'm glad that someone else saw what I did in the game, and it's a real shame that it was forced into a multiplayer game as a service model, as it could have been quite amazing as a single player experience.

Comment

Redfall was actually a good game at 60fps after the changes made. I've still not completed it but got into the latter stages and it was fun.

Really needs co-op to enjoy it fully though.

Comment

Wish more games would be good out the gate though. First impressions and that. MS studios need to be better at getting games out in a "good game" state

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              Redfall was actually a good game at 60fps after the changes made. I've still not completed it but got into the latter stages and it was fun.

Really needs co-op to enjoy it fully though.
                              Just one small point here, I posted an article about how much fun it is to just explore the world solo and ignore the live service online side of things (which is what I did)

So to break that down

Do

• Explore solo, as the world is really detailed and full of character.

Don't

• play it co-op as an online multiplayer shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

Just one small point here, I posted an article about how much fun it is to just explore the world solo and ignore the live service online side of things (which is what I did)

So to break that down

Do

• Explore solo, as the world is really detailed and full of character.

Don't

• play it co-op as an online multiplayer shooter.
                                Only issue I had with it solo is those nests get tough later on and I just wished I had some people with me to take them on. Not so much the live service part but just having more players to balance out the difficulty spikes.

Agree moving around the general world and exploring it's probably more fun solo as its' really atmospheric.

Comment

Working...
                                X