Xbox Series S/X: Thread 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I don't think this is necessarily a bad sign anymore? GTAV was reviewed a day before. Starfield too. But I think it might be down to potential story spoilers and getting in those pre-orders.

Comment

The game is a 6-7 hour narrative driven solo experience with light puzzle elements... It's to limit spoilers and the like.

Comment

Possibly, I'm not sure that the series is that defined by its spoilers though especially in light of just how poorly promoted it's been

Comment

If anything, I was just happy to see Larry David here

Comment

Hear me out on this, but Microsoft may well be absolute financial Geniuses the lack of any spend on their biggest releases of the year is picking up momentum with chatter coming from all over the web (tweets, gaming blogs, news sites) was this the plan all along? Do no marketing or promotion, put a review embargo in place for an hour before release, and don't release it physically. Make it so nobody but Internet weirdos know this game even exists, and let the internet do all the work promoting your game.

Orrrrrr maybe they figure hey it's free it's on game pass, It's going to have the exact same impact as Hi-Fi rush, its not a system seller or going to boost gamepass subs at this moment in time, where gonnsta lose money, why throw any more down the pan. I'd be worried about Ninja Theory at this moment in time, as they don't fit the Xbox ecosystem and I'd be surprised if they get another project green lit.

They put out a launch trailer an hour ago, bloody beautiful, gave me goose bumps.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 20-05-2024, 14:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                Hear me out on this, but Microsoft may well be absolute financial Geniuses the lack of any spend on their biggest releases of the year is picking up momentum with chatter coming from all over the web (tweets, gaming blogs, news sites) was this the plan all along? Do no marketing or promotion, put a review embargo in place for an hour before release, and don't release it physically. Make it so nobody but Internet weirdos know this game even exists, and let the internet do all the work promoting your game.

Orrrrrr maybe they figure hey it's free it's on game pass, It's going to have the exact same impact as Hi-Fi rush, its not a system seller or going to boost gamepass subs at this moment in time, where gonnsta lose money, why throw any more down the pan. I'd be worried about Ninja Theory at this moment in time, as they don't fit the Xbox ecosystem and I'd be surprised if they get another project green lit.

They put out a launch trailer an hour ago, bloody beautiful, gave me goose bumps.
                Na they have no idea what they are doing anymore, truly.

Lovely trailer though.

edit. Ninja Theory will be next when this doesn’t sell 59m copies AND top GP.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-05-2024, 20:11.

Comment

Apparently (according to Jez Corden) their next project has already been greenlit by Xbox.

Comment

It's pretty much like some pointed out on Era, games and studios get canned at all sorts of stages so sadly any greenlight would be meaningless. Personally Ninja Theory shouldn't be closed and I feel they're less likely to be closed because they were intentionally picked up rather than caught in the net of a bigger fish like Tango were when Bethesda were bought up. But, until the impending July axes fall I'm playing cautious. I think Ninja Theory stand a decent chance of surviving based on their flexibility rather than Hellblade. It's more the likes of Double Fine and Rare that I feel cuts are lining up for.

I suppose it's a loss anyway. Hours away from the release of their current biggest release of the year and the internet is instead discussing the chances the studio won't existing in a few months time. MS have spectacularly **** the bed this year on their PR front.
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 20-05-2024, 21:36.

Comment

I honestly think they'll be fine. They're obviously pretty proficient at using UE5 at this point and they've got that smaller project (project mara) knocking around which hasn't been announced as cancelled... so presume it's still on the cards.

The way they mention this is the 2nd chapter of Senua's story makes me wonder if they haven't pulled a cheeky one and done mocap / location shots for a third game already and that's the next project?

Shooting on location and mocap is expensive and this second title has been in post production for bloody ages. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't have some content already canned.

We will see though. Nothing is certain right now.

Comment

Hellblade 2 gets 5 star from Eurogamer. Pure Xbox (who Im convinced usually add 1 point on in the name of xbox ) gave it a 7. I imagine, if you bounced off the first game, this aint gonna change your mind.
                        Last edited by hudson; 21-05-2024, 08:28.

Comment

Tempered expecations is definitely the way to go given Hellblade was designed specifically not to be a tentpole title, so Hellblade II has been an odd fit since announcement given what Ninja Theory could have been making instead.

Comment

Seems I'm going to have the same issues I had with the first Hellblade, lots of complaints about dull combat and boring repetitive puzzles. Story and graphics are supposed to elevate this, but I think I'll play Little kitty big city instead, as it looks more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Seems I'm going to have the same issues I had with the first Hellblade, lots of complaints about dull combat and boring repetitive puzzles. Story and graphics are supposed to elevate this, but I think I'll play Little kitty big city instead, as it looks more fun.
                              I finished Little Kitty, Big City twice on the weekend... once solo and then with my kids. It's a great little game with lots of charm.

This... I expect it to be more of the same. Walking simulator dripping with graphic and aural fidelity with a decent story and a smattering of combat and puzzles.

I liked the first one a lot as it simply doesn't outstay it's welcome. I think anything longer the whole psychosis angle gets really draining on the player... you wouldn't want it to be a 20+ hour experience.
                              ​​​​​

Comment

People expecting a LoU or GoW smasher are going to be very disappointed. Looks much the same as the first to be honest, good, but limited, which is absolutely fine.

I ended up really enjoying the first one as me and my partner went through it one weekend, more of the same if fine, when it’s 60fps that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X