No announcement yet.

Xbox Series S/X: Thread 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fgeel like Steam was the first real tipping point for MS, they had such large success with stuff like Forza Horizon on there that it showed some of the games could do really well away from the Xbox ecosystem whereas I've long suspected that PC Game Pass has been something of a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      It's a 5-7 hour game and it's in game pass. I'm surprised anyone is actually buying it on Steam.
      Maybe I can find a cheap gamepass deal just to play it over the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

Maybe I can find a cheap gamepass deal just to play it over the weekend?
        I’m sure someone has a free trial you can have? There’s always one knocking around in the boxes.

Comment

Can't you get it for a quid?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

I’m sure someone has a free trial you can have? There’s always one knocking around in the boxes.
            Thanks but I just got a 14 day trial for 100 yen, about a quid. That should give me enough to compete Senua's Saga and maybe Alan Wake 2 while I'm at it 👍

Comment

Breaking up the Hellblade 2 news I completely missed this but it's pretty cool.

The forge falcons creators for Halo have made a faithful replica of COD zombies and it's so good 343 have actually dropped it into a proper matchmaking playlist so you can search and find co-op players.

Played a bit of it yesterday and it's amazing.

These guys are also in the process of recreating a Helldivers 2 experience in forge as well so if 343 are now supporting a creators playlist that might also make it into matchmaking in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Breaking up the Hellblade 2 news I completely missed this but it's pretty cool.

The forge falcons creators for Halo have made a faithful replica of COD zombies and it's so good 343 have actually dropped it into a proper matchmaking playlist so you can search and find co-op players.

Played a bit of it yesterday and it's amazing.

These guys are also in the process of recreating a Helldivers 2 experience in forge as well so if 343 are now supporting a creators playlist that might also make it into matchmaking in the future.

I take it all the cool stuff like this is coming from PC players? Not my usual snark, genuine question.

Comment

Nah bit of both console and PC. They are just using the Forge toolset to it's limits but you can do that across both platforms.

I understand there are ways on PC to use other 3D toolsets like blender to e.g. get faithful geometry of older maps and import them into forge... but generally the forge tools themselves are just as powerful and easy to use on console.

Comment

Woohoo (MS rewards related)

" Congratulations!

You added the 999-day set badge to your collection. Check out the rest of the badges you've earned here.

You earned this on 25 May 2024​"

" Your longest streak: 999

You’ve earned 22,755 bonus points by completing daily sets and building streaks. Keep it going!"

Comment

Comment

The rumble being that MS won't make a new Xbox as such, they will instead make a reference machine based on Windows 11 that third parties can license to produce their own versions of.

So... PC's.

So... Xbox leaving the hardware market again.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          The rumble being that MS won't make a new Xbox as such, they will instead make a reference machine based on Windows 11 that third parties can license to produce their own versions of.

So... PC's.

Nah, not PC's. It's going to be like the 3DO but running Windows.
                          Oh wait, yeah.... PC.

Comment

Hopefully NT gets another crack with MS and it's something more commercial to help secure them avoiding the companies recent cull

Comment

Is that real?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

So... PC's.

I really can’t see this happening. At all. What does someone like LG/Panasonic, Samsung, Asus, MSI, etc. have to gain by doing this? Imagine the competition when there are several different versions on offer.

The whole point of putting hardware out there is so that you can get filthy rich from selling software.

Comment

Working...
                                X