Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayStation 5: Thread 05

GROWTH! GROWTH! GROWTH!
    This isn't going to go the way Sony plans but the desire showcases why other areas of Sony's business such as software support for AA and VR titles is so scant.

Anyway moving on from the twitnobody making comments on other people’s articles.

Spiderman2 hype train will soon be in the station!!!! Choooooo chooooooooo!

Comment

Comment

It's official - Out in November costing £390 with the optional disc drive available for £100

So... More expensive than the existing models

Comment

The redesign with the drive is £479.99 which is the same as the normal RRP of the existing PS5.

Stores have been selling those at £399.99 to obviously clear stocks before this new version.

So, not technically more expensive, but, well.

Comment

Plus £30 extra for the vertical stand which was previously free/bundled.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              Plus £30 extra for the vertical stand which was previously free/bundled.
              Meh, mine's horizontal.

Comment

I'm so glad my sons birthday was in August and i got to take advantage of them clearing the older models out.

Comment

Now has 1tb internal instead of the previous 850 odd.

Comment

Got to respect Sony being Sony... make a console that's easier to mass produce. Charge them more for it and make the vertical stand an extra they have to fork out for.

I luckily just had enough room to fit the console into my unit horizontally by that last part is pretty annoying and a genius move to screw the customer over.

Comment

Needing a stand to use the original one properly horizontally oriented was such a stupid move. Glad they've seen sense in that regard at least.

Edit: No, it appears to have a tiny piece of plastic elevating the right side of the machine. Moronic design.
                      Last edited by speedlolita; 10-10-2023, 19:22.

Comment

I was hoping for a smaller form factor, really...still too tall for my shelves and horizontal I'll need to reshuffle consoles around.
                        All in all, good thing I'm not particularly interested in getting one :P

Comment

How come the disc drive is only $79.99 in US (roughly £65) but the UK have to pay £99.99? That’s a HUGE difference in price. Does the US price not include VAT?

Comment

hopefully it means the pro rumours are true....

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                              How come the disc drive is only $79.99 in US (roughly £65) but the UK have to pay £99.99? That’s a HUGE difference in price. Does the US price not include VAT?
                              Yeah I only noticed that this morning. Proper shafting on price locally... Also why is the vertical stand £24.99? I'm assuming it's made out of plastic and maybe a bit of metal if you're lucky... £25 is cheeky.

Hopefully we get lots of 3rd parties making cheaper stand options, or even some 3D print options.

Comment

Working...
                              X