Kya : Dark Lineage (PS2) : 5/10
    Mafia (PS2 vers.) : 5/10
    Whiplash (PS2 vers.) : 5/10
    Romace of the Three Kingdoms VIII (PS2) : 6/10
    Bujinai (PS2) : 7/10
    Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition (PS2) : 8/10
    Puyo Pop Fever (PS2 vers.) : 7/10

Nothing too surprising.

What are the features/coverstory this month?

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
      Nothing too surprising.

What are the features/coverstory this month?
      Courtesy from Space Reporter Ulala ion rllmuk

ShellShock Nam '67 - Killzone guys do Platoon
      Life After Lara - what the Heath-Smiths did next
      The Next Generation - a look at what might be coming up
      Budget Report - 'the more affordable side of gaming'
      By Approval Only - Game development process thingy

As for the columns, Redeye talks about the DS; Poole has trouble taking games seriously; Nagoshi is hungover; Rose *hates* Billy Hatcher.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
        Nagoshi is hungover; Rose *hates* Billy Hatcher.
        First one, I'm not surprised at.
        Second one, I'd best not read that then. Third best title of 2003 IMO.

Comment

Nagoshi is hungover
          Gotta love the guy...

Comment

Originally posted by kona
            Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles (GC) : 6/10
            That'll go down well - Nintendo's paying to take EDGE to Toyko to meet with Game Developer Studios next week.

Not that I disagree with the score, you understand.

Comment

Siren and Bujingai, 7/10?

Doesn't seem to agree with the buzz on this here forum... what was the jist of the reviews?

Comment

People here can play games.

Games like Bujingai are all down to the player - in the right hands it's Stormriders mixed in with Devil May Cry, in the wrong hands it's......you get out what you put in put it that way. I dont trust Edge to tell me anything about what I should be playing, games they've blatantly said are **** I'm still playing now!

7/10 is a "safe" score - I'll wait till I read the review but I bet they dont know half the **** you can do in Bujingai!

Comment

I agree Edge reviews are no good imo, and in most cases the in depth write ups are missing a lot of the important stuff too.

I mean Hyper Street Fighter..... 8/10

I mean i bought it their review had nothin to do with it, but come on it aint worth 8/10. Unless your only reviewing the VS mode... There are too many flaws and obvious lazyness on Capcoms part to deserve that score.

Luke.

Comment

The features sound as banal as I've come to expect from Nu-Edge.

Life after Lara? Who honestly gives a ****?

Oh, and a look at the next gen, eh? So they need ::two:: issues where they speculate about the PS3, Xbox2 and the PSP?

Give it a few months and it'll be covermount cheat guides for the latest Rayman game.

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
                      Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles (GC) : 6/10
                      That'll go down well - Nintendo's paying to take EDGE to Toyko to meet with Game Developer Studios next week.
                      And why might I add?

I dont like the way some devcos go all gaga and mushy eyed over edge.

Their self adulation reached a sickening high with that sega issue.
                      "EDGE and sega are alot alike, we understand each other, we cater to a specific crowd.... Sega always reads edge because [we are gods gift to gaming]... bla bla bla"
                      Im paraphrasing, and I did make up that bit in squared brackets, but does anyone else agree with me? Personally seeing edge make love to itself makes me sick, so I stopped reading the Sega article after the first paragraph.

I take it its the same with Nintendo? Paying for them because they hold Edge in such high regards?
                      Why exactly are edge going to meet these games developers anyway? I am as curious as I am dissaproving.

My gut feeling is that Edge has actually been disresepectful to games companies sometimes... then again I am biased against edge, so maybe my memory is lying to me?

Comment

I don't see how you can dislike the Edge Sega article so much when you gave up after the first paragraph

I wonder if the Siren got a 7 due to the poor english dubbing? Does the review refer to it at all?

Comment

I read the side boxes, and I must admit, they featured alot of info, I just didnt like how they used it as another way of masaging their own ego's.

As I said, Im biased against edge, you should take all my criticisms with a pinch of salt ..... or SHOULD YOU?!

Im just teasin ya pete

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                            I don't see how you can dislike the Edge Sega article so much when you gave up after the first paragraph

I wonder if the Siren got a 7 due to the poor english dubbing? Does the review refer to it at all?
                            Indeed it does - there's even a line that says if the atmosphere-destroying dub doesn't bother you at all then you can add 1 to the score. They described it as akin to giving Amelie a cockney dub...

Comment

Otogi 2 (Xbox) : 8/10

Comment

Working...
                              X